A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this app.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
There aren't any reviews yet. Be the first to review this title.
What's it about?
In TODO MATH, kids work through math missions (31 in the full version), covering skills from counting to multiplication. Kids also can choose the games they want to play in the free-choice section. Each offers simple verbal and visual instructions and gives kids concrete ways to understand abstract math concepts. Kids use manipulatives such as shapes or cookies to solve problems. Accommodating kids with differing levels of fine motor skills, the game allows kids to drag and drop the answers into place or write them with a finger or stylus.
Is it any good?
The developers of Todo Math have taken special care to create a math tool that is safe for kids, inclusive of different learning abilities, and aligned to math educational standards and best practices. The games are straightforward math practice and would be ideal for helping kids complete a few minutes of daily math practice. The drag-and-drop or write-in-your answer options can be tricky at first. Kids have to touch and hold the number to drag it into place, and some traced numbers, if written messily, are not correctly recognized. All in all, there's no gimmick here, just solid math practice with encouraging, supportive feedback.
Talk to your kids about ...
- Devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
- Subjects: Math: addition, counting, multiplication, numbers, subtraction
- Skills: Thinking & Reasoning: part-whole relationships, problem solving, thinking critically
- Price: Free
- Pricing structure: Free to try (Free version includes eight multi-level games, three missions, and the beginner level to ten games. Double Pack is $19.99 and includes access to all missions and free choice games. Mission Only Access is $11.99 and includes 31 missions walking kids through a full math curriculum through multiplication. Free Choice Only Access is $9.99 and includes 18 multi-level games for kids to choose from.)
- Release date: June 17, 2014
- Category: Education
- Topics: Numbers and Letters
- Size: 71.40 MB
- Publisher: Locomotive Labs
- Version: 2.0
- Minimum software requirements: iOS 5.1 or later; Android 4.4 and up
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love math apps and games
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.