A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this app.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's it about?
In TODO MATH, kids work through math missions (31 in the full version), covering skills from counting to multiplication. Kids also can choose the games they want to play in the free-choice section. Each offers simple verbal and visual instructions and gives kids concrete ways to understand abstract math concepts. Kids use manipulatives such as shapes or cookies to solve problems. Accommodating kids with differing levels of fine motor skills, the game allows kids to drag and drop the answers into place or write them with a finger or stylus.
Is it any good?
The developers of Todo Math have taken special care to create a math tool that is safe for kids, inclusive of different learning abilities, and aligned to math educational standards and best practices. The games are straightforward math practice and would be ideal for helping kids complete a few minutes of daily math practice. The drag-and-drop or write-in-your answer options can be tricky at first. Kids have to touch and hold the number to drag it into place, and some traced numbers, if written messily, are not correctly recognized. All in all, there's no gimmick here, just solid math practice with encouraging, supportive feedback.
Talk to your kids about ...
- Devices: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android
- Subjects: Math: addition, counting, multiplication, numbers, subtraction
- Skills: Thinking & Reasoning: part-whole relationships, problem solving, thinking critically
- Price: Free to try
- Pricing structure: Free to try ($69.99/year)
- Release date: June 17, 2014
- Category: Education
- Topics: Numbers and Letters
- Size: 71.40 MB
- Publisher: Locomotive Labs
- Version: 2.0
- Minimum software requirements: iOS 5.1 or later; Android 4.4 and up
- Last updated: May 05, 2020
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love math apps and games
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.