All teen and kid member reviews for Walking Dead: The Game

Teen, 14 years old Written byDrayoc September 7, 2012
LEARNING

Stunning, Captivating, and Intense.

Absolutely incredible. This game is one of the most amazing games I have ever played in my life. You are basically in an interactive TV show. You are the main character who gets to make decisions that make incredible differences to your game playing experience. The game will mold to the countless ways you can act. If you are rude and awful and secretive, nobody will trust you, and you'll be hated by everyone. If your kind, nice, and honest, the majority of the characters will trust you, save a few. There are several decisions in each episode that will have a major effect on the game. (Having to choose sides, having to save one person, or the other, telling the truth, etc.) This can teach people the impact of there decisions. I love it. Don't get me wrong though. This game is stuffed with profanity and gore and is not for the feint of heart. F**k is used loosley, along with S**t, D**n, B**ch, Bast*rd, He*l, and many more. They don't hold back. Blood is also copious. The gore effects are incredibly graphic and disturbing, but to me, this just adds to the intensity of the game. I love it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylasercorn December 7, 2012

PARENTS, READ!!!

this game may be violent, but its not often that you kill zombies. its more dicision making. also, the main character is a criminal, but by the end, has turned into a good guy
Teen, 15 years old Written bysetro2 December 6, 2012

um.. what the heck do you guys even MEAN by drugs?

What are you guys saying? He had a HEART ATTACK, and had PILLS, and you call that Drug ABUSE? The heck?
Teen, 14 years old Written bySalsander March 8, 2013
LEARNING

Amazing, as long as you can stomach the gore

The walking dead is an amazing game because of its great narrative. This game shows in great detail what people would do if there were an apocalypse. This game is not a shooter. You spend most a lot of your time interacting with characters and exploring your environment. There will be an occasional scene requiring violence, but making tough impacting decisions and following the well-written narrative is where the game is at. Messages/Role Models: 2/5 While you have good intentions throughout the game, a lot of the characters do have there faults. Lee, the protagonist, was originally a convicted killer before the apocalypse and was on his way to prison. However as the story progresses, Lee finds a young girl alone at her house named Clementine. Throughout he takes care of her almost like a father and depending on your actions, can co-operate with other members. Violence: 5/5 Although the game isn't focused solely on violence, a lot of it is depicted graphically. You will have to kill hundreds of zombies in a gory manner. Canibalism is shown graphically in one episode. Children are put into peril and one child is killed. Guns/hatchets/knives and other melee weapons are used on both humans and zombies. Entrails can be shown on occasion. Multiple amputations are show without anethesia. The list goes on. This game has a lot of violent moments that aren't for the faint of heart. Sex:2/5 Sex is not encouraged but there are a few references. Many characters initially suspected Lee and Clementime's relationship to be pedophilic, but they soon trusted Lee to be a Good Samaritan. A woman's daughter is presumably raped but its only hinted. A female character has sex with a doctor in exchange for him to help her sister. The act is not shown nor depicted. Language: 5/5 Explicit dialogue. Expect to here biggest obscenities which is used in succession a lot of times. Consumerism: 1/5 You can purchase additional episodes of the game and the game is based of the comic book series: The Walking Dead. Drugs/Alcohol: 1/5 Characters become drunk in 2 scenes. Learning: The Walking Dead doesn't teach essential skills, but it does make you think. If you can pass through the violence, there is a deep story with characters you can relate to. Telltale games does an extraordinary job of story telling, which some mature teenagers should be able to handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjenni11012 September 30, 2012

Horrifyingly Gorey but Good Story

This game is not good for kids ( ages 12 or below) Due to violence and such. But actually YOU are your on role model in this game, I thought this was a good chance to learn how to be a role model for others, take care of someone you love, and especially do what you think is right. I wasn't as worried about the language but the violence made me a little sick, but it wasn't too bad since the fact that you are just killing zombies. This game also deals with trying to be safe. I actually let my sister play it (12 years old, I know your probably thinking BAD IDEA) and she was actually fine with it. The language didn't effect her and neither did the gore. But hey, this is just my opinion.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRragan00 February 4, 2014

Gory, but very good

There is language as mentioned in other reviews, but language doesn't bother me very much personally. I know many people say that gore is a big factor, but I think of myself as pretty squeamish and the gore only bothered me in the beginning, maybe because it's animated. Violence between the survivors is evident as well, but not too bad. I think the game overall is very fun and not too difficult as a game itself, since it's more story driven rather than action and plain violence. Overall, if you can handle the violence (zombies' brains must be destroyed in order for them to "die"- so you get the picture), then I'd definitely recommend this!
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

I Love the Game! Just Intense Swearing and Lots of Violence!

I've played this game before! I'm mature enough to handle violence, swearing, blood, guns, etc... It's a REALLY good game! Just make sure to prepare your children for very intense cussing AND violence!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydouble007 October 22, 2012

Awesome zombie game has some heavy blood, and strong cussing.

I'm just gunna start by saying most fans of the tv show will most likely enjoy this. I'm a huge fan of the show and I also really liked this game. It was the perfect combination of action and drama. Another thing that is really cool about it is all the conversations that your character has are totally controlled by you! The game kind of molds the charcter around how you react to situations and desicions. Now for the content, be advised this is only for part 1!! The violence isn't quite as strong as the tv show, but is still quite heavy. All the zombie deaths end with blood squirting or splattering out of their wounds. A few people are also attacked, with the same result. The only other objectionable this on this app is the langauge. F**k is used constantly, and some other milder cussing as well. Overall, violence: 8/10. Language: 10/10.