Parent reviews for Yousician - Your personal music teacher

Slick, high-priced tool teaches kids core musical skills.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bynzav019 October 22, 2019

Could be better.

This app is pretty good, it offers tutorial videos, lessons, games, and it is fairly easy to navigate. From what I experienced based off of the free trial, there are some glitches in the app that makes it hard to get a good grasp of how you are doing. The curriculum covered is vast and teaches things in a fun hands on type of way, however the only down side of this app, is that the student doesn't get any personal feedback. This app is well designed and has a lot to offer. It is definitely a step up from youtube tutorials, but for the price it would be more beneficial for the student to get private lessons, or take a class. In lessons, teachers can provide one on one tutoring, as well as form curriculum to the individuals needs. Yousician can be beneficial to many people who don't have time or the means of getting too or scheduling private lessons, but if it is possible I would recommend doing so because it ensures that you will learn proper techniques and get the answers to your questions from someone knowledgable.
Adult Written bydavesax1 January 28, 2019

Great start to music education

Great for learning piano even from ground zero. Worth the subscription price but start out free until continuing interest shown. Excellent for adults as well. Other instruments too. Only criticism they need to allow for importing more content by cross licensing with Smartmusic (Makemusic) or others.

Ease of Play
Adult Written byak.tanya December 3, 2018

You cannot cancel payments

I signed up for the free trial, figured hey, it's a free week then 10 bucks a month after that (piano). If we don't use it, I can cancel, all good.

Nope.

They will continue to charge you for an entire year, whether or not you use it. Even when you cancel. There are better services out there that have better customer service.