Parent reviews for YouTube Kids

YouTube Kids Poster Image

I Hate YouTube Kids I Like Normal YouTube Better Than The Childish One

YouTube Kids Is The WORST App I’ve Ever Downloaded In My Life They Allow An Option Whether You Want To Have The Search Bar On Or Search Bar Off And Whenever I Search Something Like “Baby Looney Tunes Full Episodes” Or “Regular Show Full Episodes” They Don’t Give Me The Results They Just Show Me Random 2 Or 3 Minute Video Clips Instead Of Full Episodes Whenever I Search Something Childish Like “Spongebob Squarepants Full Episodes” Or “When Wedding Bells Thaw Adventure Time” They Ignore My Search Because Some Content Might Be Inappropriate For Children Under The Age Of 18 There’s LOTS And LOTS Of Advertisements That Your Children Can See On YouTube Kids One Day Advertisements Wouldn’t Stop Popping Up And I Saw Advertisements For MULTIPLE Brands Of Toys,TV Shows,Baby Products,Busniess,Cabel Channels,Fast Food,Junk Food,Fizzy Or Soft Drinks,Breakfast Places,Baby Food,Health Providers,Internet Providers,Airports,Pregnancy Testing,Weight Loss Pills,Covid-19 Testing Kits,Adult Cartoons And Adult Shows There’s Lots Of Violence,Nudity,Consumerism,Advertising,Swearing,Inappropriate Words,Bad Behavior,Throwing Up,Throwing Tantrums,Sex,Death AND So Much More Dangerous Material In This Childish Youtube Alternative Website I’d Rather Use The Regular YouTube Instead Of This Stupid Childish Website With Lots Of Stuff That I Don’t Want To See But The Normal YouTube Has Lots Of Suggestions In The Search Bar

2 people found this helpful.

TRASH

I gave this to my 5yr old bro until I saw him watching fortnite, Sex, consumerism worst app ever! DELETE THIS APP RIGHT NOW!

1 person found this helpful.

I'm an education researcher and parent. YouTube Kids is poison.

Hi, educational researcher and preschooler parent here. I will never judge a parent who allow their children to watch YouTube Kids. It's nearly inescapable and parents are more pressed for resources than ever before. That said, there is no worse "children's" content on the web. Even with the reforms they've made in the wake of Elsagate (a source of trauma for millions of children), YTK still represents a genuine threat to children's emotional and cognitive development, and it hurts me deeply that it remains the distraction of choice for parents. Putting aside all of the issues associated with excessive screen time in general, I'll instead focus on just the quality of programming found on the platform. I just spent a few hours watching random, recent content from the top 10 most subscribed children's channeled on YouTube Kids. The content universally reflects YouTube's general objective to maximize engagement. Like a drug, it goes for the dopamine hit with quick cuts, excessively bright colors, and repetitive motion. Even as an adult who obviously hates this stuff, I felt hypnotized at times. The idea seems to be for children to disengage entirely from thought and engage fully with the app by staying on it until someone finally pulls it away. There's the obvious issue of cynical advertising. Whereas good children's content takes children seriously, and plays to their boundless curiosity, YTK creators see children as nothing more than ad-clickers to drive revenue. So much of the live-action content is overtly centered around specific products. It's sickening. Then there's the messaging. A lot of live-action content is based on the theme of being "good" or "bad" - potentially damaging to a child's emerging self-image. Punishment, which can be confusing by itself for a young child, is made all the more-so by content that shows children being put in jail for "disobedience." I could go on, but I'm tired. I can't believe YouTube Kids, in its current form, is legal. I leave you with this - the children's programming on PBS Kids is almost universally high-quality. It's free, has a great child-friendly interface, and is as easy to access as Googling "PBS Kids video." The best screen time is no screen time, but if you must, go ANYWHERE but YouTube Kids.

the worst app for kids

i don’t even know where to start on this one but let’s just say the app is horrible. as i looked over this app i have came across inappropriate videos, violent videos, videos with bad language included, and smoking on here. the inappropriate videos were stuff like barbies having sex and disgusting animations of disney princesses and my little pony characters sticking their butt into the camera and pulling their underwear off with the title of the video being “MLP put your ass in the air” and stuff like that. there was violent videos i’ve seen on here of stuff like this girl playing with my little pony toys and pinkie pie goes around killing other ponies, there was 30 episodes of it and strong language was included. there was strange videos of people recording kids and asking stuff like “what are the cuss words that you know?” and they were obviously making the kids very uncomfortable. there were even videos with the title “spoiled kids getting owned” and the videos included short clips of kids swearing and destroying stores and stuff and then getting beaten by their parents. there was even a video of a woman walking through a park and comes across a 8 and 6 year old smoking a pack of cigarettes and the woman just sat there and recorded it. just don’t download this for your kids

1 person found this helpful.

it's more like you tube babies

Honestly, don't bother with this app. I thought this was good for my 9 year old but sadly not, first of all the music is annoying for older kids but that's just the beginning. We went on this app to see if it was any good. It was beyond terrible, I'm not gonna force my kid to watch baby nursery rhymes instead of perfectly good youtubers that never curse like logdotzip and Leah ashe. (She watched those sometimes on normal youtube.) And I was absolutely appalled by the inappropriate things I saw on there when I was trying it out. I'm just going to let her watch normal you tube from now on. Absolutely trash app please don't waste your time on this.
TOO BABYISH

It was the most aggravating experience in the 9 - 12yr catagory

This was the most disappointing thing. Now trying to undo every single thing I u fortunately did in the name of safety. The videos are so restricted. Only the most ridiculous it seems. I was trying to find The Wind in the Willows to listen to for my special needs grandchild. Only a version that was read by someone with an awful voice. But it allowed a Heart video for the song Alone. That is one example.of the complete uselessness of YouTube for kids. All I.wanted to do.was creates YouTube for my grandchild that is completely dependant and now it want to.just cry. Trying to get off is confusing at best. Kinda like trying to leave a comment or a rating.....I would be terribly surprised if this actually makes it to a screen where parents and grandparents can view it.

its terrible

youtube kids made me throw up 100000000000 times ewwwwwwwwwww

Behavior

As I’ve watched what my 3 year old watches I came to the conclusion that this app is full with videos that teaches kids to cry if they don’t get what they want. Throw a fit. Even teaches how to use random objects/toys to climb up on high surfaces. This app needs to clean out their videos that they have allowed on this app.

This is the worst app I ever seen.

YT kids is more inappropriate than YouTube, yt kids only has disturbing and cringe videos which are inappropriate, I personally don't recommend Yt kids. Use YouTube and turn on safe mode rather than using YT Kids. It is not a good app...