Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Yup - Math Tutoring App

Live tutors give in-depth help to tweens and teens.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bysunnyincalifornia August 30, 2019

Hands down, GREAT experience with Yup!

My eldest daughter, Emma (12), has always struggled with math. It seemed as though my husband and I had tried every option available. Our hearts broke seeing her self-esteem take a hit from being passed from one service to the next and no results to show for the time and effort she was putting in.

We decided to go back to the drawing board and stumbled across Yup online. When we saw that Yup offered a 2-week trial period, we figured it was worth a shot. Both my husband and I agree without a doubt Yup has been the best investment we've spent on her education!

Not only is she actually learning the material, but her grades and confidence have dramatically improved. She has access to a tutor 24/7 wherever she is without any of the performance pressures and fear of asking questions she previously faced. We’ve taken turns monitoring her sessions and both my husband and I have found her tutors engaging, giving positive feedback, and encouraging her to find the confidence in herself to solve problems. Our family will definitely continue to use Yup and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who struggles or knows someone who struggles with math.

Thank you Yup for having such a positive impact on our family!

Adult Written byPam N. June 13, 2018

Overall great!

overall great experience. My daughter got lot of help since her middle school. It’s a great app for checking homework and getting help with math, chemistry and physics. Only drawback is expensive yearly plan you have to pay upfront $799. Monthly plan is way better than yearly plan.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJessicaH12 August 30, 2019

Transformative Math Experience

We've been using Yup now for close to 5 months. My daughter has always struggled with math, but Yup has really turned things around.

I was initially skeptical given how all the tutoring takes place over the phone, and through text. Turns out that's been one of the reasons my daughter has been finding it so helpful. She doesn't need to worry about all the other things that usually take place in the classroom environment (especially the distractions), and can simply focus on chatting with her tutor and addressing her concerns.

Big fan, and can't recommend it enough.

Adult Written byPtatc11568 September 17, 2019

Helped our son last 2 years

Our son used the YUP app for Algebra I, Trigonometry, and Algebra II for the last 2 years. Before using YUP he was a achieving B-/C+ for his semester grades. With YUP he was able to achieve B+ marks at semester time. Most importantly he changed his attitude towards dreading math as his hardest subject to feeling confident about tackling more challenging math assignments. YUP tutors don’t provide answers to math questions. Instead, they ask the student how to go about solving each step of a problem so that they understand how they came to their final answer. Recommended!
Adult Written byloriishappy38 September 3, 2019

I'm so thankful for this program! I have a Sophmore who struggles with math homework. It's a blessing that he can access help anytime and anywhere! Thank you so much!

It's worth it! For those of us who lead a busy life and can't take time to go over homework issues, this is the app for you!