Parent reviews for Zigazoo

Zigazoo icon image

Completely built to entice spending of very real $$$

Zero points. Terrible consumerism, which -- worse yet -- pretends it's something "educational." Do yourself and your offspring a favor and never download this nonsense.

3 people found this helpful.

No body wins a challenge!

It’s terrible to play with kids like that on the challenges, both of my kids won a challenge each and we kept checking our emails to be contacted by them when they said they would and never got an email, my kids kept asking me all day that day and until now still asking me, we get a package and they think its the prize. Totally a scam here while they have your kids interact in the app and they get rich while playing with your children’s emotions.
2 people found this helpful.

Zigazoo is great

This app has replaced tiktok for my daughter she is so confident in herself when posting Because she sees other kids her age (7) posting she enjoys the app she does miss tiktok because this app freezes sometimes i don’t think they were ready for the massive amount of accounts but it’s getting better daily we enjoy this educational resource for teachers and classrooms as well it helps with communication skills and body language and speaking up so people can hear you is a big one they could give it an update that would allow you to swap the camera as you are recording but this app is phenomenal

2 people found this helpful.
The app is basically a tik tok for little eyes. Some kids are more engaged and educational than others. Content is screened. There are in app purchases and advertising but isn't that with every free app?

1 person found this helpful.

A controlled environment for digital expression - not "educational"

I'm giving Zigazoo a 3/5 for the following reasons. 1 - Brands itself as an educational app. False. It is a way for kids to get comfortable with expressing themselves digitally, but I don't consider that educational. 2 - Does not simplify parental oversight, but could. Yes, I can go into my child's account directly from my phone, but I would like more metrics on usage pushed or made available. 3 - Promotes the use of adult style "templates" to create videos. Many of these templates come from 13+ sites and cost $$ 4 - "Check your likes is still there" - See point #1. While nobody can leave comments on video (no bullying), you can still get likes. And who isn't interested in likes or what their friends are posting. So ultimately, the app encourages a "check my app" to either see "likes" or see what my friends are doing. This is another reason why it's not educational. All this said, the application does provide another avenue for creative expression using digital tools (videos and pictures) in a way that does not see possible with other applications. Still, once your kid goes down the Zigazoo rabbit hole, it may be hard to turn it off.
Zigazoo is the only place I really feel comfortable my kids exploring on their own. It is SO kid friendly, and all the posts, prompts, and monitoring has kids in mind all of the time. My kids are able to find a topic they are interested in sharing about and is kid friendly. I love how age-appropriate the content is!

BEST KIDS APP EVER!!

I absolutely LOVE Zigazoo! In a world where it is so hard to find safe, fun, and interactive apps for kids, this one truly hits above the mark. I have two daughters and I love how they have the freedom to be themselves and express their thoughts through educational prompts and challenges. They actually look forward to getting on and creating content. It's almost like a Tik-Tok for Kids, but in a safe and educational way. I HIGHLY recommend any parent that is looking for a good app for their children to download to download Zigazoo. You won't be disappointed!

Better Than TikTok

My daughter has been begging me for TikTok for over a year. Within a couple hours of having Zigazoo, she had 6 followers and she was beaming. All she did was post some videos of her coloring. She's very happy and I'm not worried about what she might see or who might be watching her.

Super fun! I wish I was a kid again!

This is the SAFE, EDUCATIONAL and totally FUN “TikTok”ish app for children! My 11 year old daughter and I were doing these videos while she was bored in the hospital. There are tons of fun, kids friendly questions that get asked every day, and kids can answer the questions in their own 30 second videos! They can see videos from other kids as well. Super fun fun fun!! :)