All parent member reviews for Along for the Ride

Parent of a 2 year old Written byHaylie H. February 26, 2010

Good Book

Some people might complain about some "iffy" things. I don't understand why. This book, like all of Sarah Dessen's was a very good coming of age novel. Some people say that she loses her virginity in the novel, not true. Some people say there is heavy drinking, I only remember reading a couple of drinking scenes that were minor at most. The kids in the novel at 18 and over and are done with high school. Most high schoolers have drank a beer or two, I'm sure. Of course my kid are very young, but I recommended it to my nieces (11 & 12) and they loved it, so did their mother
Parent of a 3, 3, and 15 year old Written bySummerBells February 24, 2010
I've literally read this book at least ten times, and I have never recalled at all that Auden loses her virginity to Eli, that is completely false information. There is drinking it, I'm not going to lie, but in no way does it encourage drinking and Dessen is writing the TRUTH of teenage life right out of high school, to not write about kids drinking would be completely false for a lot of kids that age. I wouldn't recommend a ten year old read this book, but it is appropriate completely for any teenager as is all of her other novels.
Adult Written byAvidreader19 February 24, 2010

Why this is a good book for teens 15 and up

I loved this book and while there might be a few things going on in the book that are considered bad, the overall message is good. Plus the books elements help develope the character, because no one wants to read a book where there aren't any problems. Lets face it kids see all this happening in the world around them anyways so why shouldn't they read a book that shows them why it wrong and how it can hurt them.
Adult Written byvictorianmermaid August 6, 2015

This is one of my favorite books

This is one of the books that really got into reading. It does have some sensitive subjects, like underage drinking, sexual activity, and divorce. but otherwise it is a really good book. And the male lead is a pretty good example of the kind of guy your daughters should go for. I would recommend for a mature young lady.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byBookLoverElle February 23, 2010
Adult Written bykayleerose February 23, 2010

Incredible book all around for anyone

A great book. All of Sarah Dessen's novels have strong, brave, and true women as role models and Auden never had sex with Eli. Just saying.