Parent reviews for Geronimo Stilton Series

Fun adventures of a nervous mouse and his wacky family.

Written byAnonymous March 25, 2018

This Series is AWESOME! :D

Even though I am 19 years old, and I am NUTS about this series! I even check out a few books about Geronimo Stilton at the library occasionally. This series is clean, funny and sometimes educational! :D
One reviewer said this series has vulgar language, but rest assured the worst it truly gets is cheese-related euphemisms. I think the only real content I should warn you of is some slightly twisted spirituality in some books (fairytale magic, ancient "curses," etc.)
That said, go and let your kids (or YOURSELF! ^_^) enjoy an adventure or two with Geronimo Stilton! :)

Adult Written byT J December 10, 2019
Parent Written byMom2Will November 25, 2019

Awesome

My son started reading these at about age 7, and he still occasionally picks them up to re-read, he refuses to let go of his collection. They’re fun, clean, and can even be considered educational; the illustrations and various fonts and colours also enhance the reading experience. Mom and kid both agree that this is an awesome series.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byJared B. September 3, 2019

Disappointed

I have been aware of Geronimo Stilton for a number of years, and hoped for a charming book series. Some aspects are indeed quite entertaining. However, I was disgusted by what is no doubt intended as “bathroom humor”-which is anything but funny-that occurred in at least two books of the series I tried reading.

Parent Written byR C March 15, 2018

Literature, art & travel woven into this fun series

My child is learning about cities like Paris and St. Petersburg; artists like Pablo Picasso; literary figures like Hercule Poirot (everything is renamed in the book to be mouse punny - Hercule Poirat). Lots of travel and adventure in these and the Thea Stilton series. The books are illustrated full color and have random words in a different font and color which seems weird to me as an adult but makes it fun for my child.

Parent Written byAlice D. August 15, 2017

Terrible Language Issue

Hello, I have a seven year old child whose friends have been reading the Geronimo Stilton books. My daughter wanted to read them because her friends are. However, since her friends have begun reading these books, their language has gotten incredibly vulgar. I have heard the phrase "holy cheese" in my home one too many times. I think these inappropriate outbursts are the result of the Geronimo Stilton book series. May God be with you all on your journey. "For God so loved the world, he gave his only son. (John 3;16)"