Kid reviews for Maximum Ride 3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Flabby finale to senseless yet exciting series.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 6, 2011

Still doesn't meet "The Angel Experiment", but pretty good anyway.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJessieloo4 May 16, 2011
I love it

Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2011

Uhh

Hem hem hem, this is book 3. ITS NOT THE FINALE!!! No wonder they think its flabbly XD
Good book all in all. Totally agree with MaxXFang, But I get the feeling that he just through that in for the sake of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylimehippo March 6, 2011

Can find nohing good with the execution of this book.......

I'm reviewing the Maximum Ride books for my English project on if young adult books should be taught in schools. After reading the first book I requested to change authors, but it was to late. I'm now stuck with what was briliantly summed up earlier as "a series of pointless plot twists." As a fan and advocate of young adult fiction, it hurts me to accept these books into the usually entertaining and rewarding category. Perhaps if a teacher would read this to a second grade class, they would be the perfect audience. Then the educational highlights that some fans selected would apply.
Kid, 12 years old February 15, 2011

great!

I love it and i agree with max-fang99

Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2020

Not the best

So, this series was a great hit. I loved it and so did a lot of other people. But, this but was a in between book that just gave detail about what was going on during that’s time. James Patterson could have came up with a better adventure for this book! The rest of the series is amazing, but this book wasn’t!

Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2020

It’s fine

This book is okay, but if you are really committed to this series you may be disappointed. The plot for all of these books are all over the place. You just can’t never predict what will happen because whole entire plots of the story are forgotten. But, I found this book to be my favorite in the series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKHazell April 17, 2016

Top Series!

This is an awesome series! I couldn't put them down!

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2014

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great book. James Patterson is still keeping the series good. Same old same old, bloody, broken bones, love/sex, and LOTS of crazy people. More parts of the book are at the school one person does die but not in a gross way, consumerism and sarcasm. Not as much swearing as the other books. If you have read the other books you are good to go!!!!!!!!!
:-)

Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2013

Saving the world

I love the Maximum Ride books, but strongly think they are for older kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLilster1 February 27, 2013

What the hell?

This has to be one of the greatest books ever! Flabby ending?!? I dunno what they were reading, but certainly NOT the same awesome book!

I Loved it!!!!! Lots of excitement AND a good message! READ IT!

Teen, 14 years old Written byFallen-Angel September 14, 2012

Fine With Me

Okay, so this book was not the terriffic finale I expected. But, on whether or not to allow your kid to read it, I'd say yes. There's not any too bad language, and the characters are fun, if not interesting. Like I read in other books, the plot comes across as a major joke, but it's supposed to be an easy read.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookjunkie178 June 8, 2012

Love the series...But where will it go?

i have loved the Maximum Ride series for years and have highly anticipated each book but I think CMS has a bit of a point. I don't agree with the flabby ending part but I do see the lack of plot at some points. They are fighting the School - yes, I get that. But where is the story really going after they defeat them?- which we know they will. What will happen to Max and Fang? I love the books but J Pattz needs to make it a bit more clear as to where the series is headed.

Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2012

THIS BOOK IS NOT FLABBY COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BOOK THAT MADE ME BOOKWORM SO MAD AT COMMON SENSE... AS USUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2012

Best Series i've Ever Read.... And i've Read a lot!

It was amazing! It had a few minor cuss words here and there but nothing like inappropiate. The only words iv'e heard them say is the h one and the a one. I was 10 when I read it. Sure there is a little romantic stuff between Fang and Max. And the other time Sam and Max and Fang and Tess. Nothing sexual though. Just some kissing. I think that there is a little violence, but nothing bad. It has a good message though. Max has to save the world from someone evil. They do a few bad things, but in the end they regret them and fix it. I thought it was very age appropiate for readers 10+. - Maximum Ride Lover

Teen, 15 years old Written byMangareader101 November 20, 2011

Pretty dang good!

This was one of the best books in one of the best series ever! Good role models, like standing for what you beleive and fighting for it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAthena Keene May 6, 2011

STILL BEING GREAT

LOved it! Still being great and for your info this is not the end- there are more books modern(er) print outs of these ect. Im waiting for the nxt book in this amazing edge of your seat series right now. (Gonna hurt someone if it doesnt come out soon) ((and you can't help but start to thing more 'bout MAx+FANg))

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. January 17, 2011

Again, don't listen to the review read the kid's and parent's reviews.

The review says flabby ending... Flabby ending my beautiful butt!! I don't think they've read this book either! In order to review something you have to have read or watched it! True to his distinct writing style, James Patterson has delivered a thriller for an ending (or so we all thought!) to an amazing series that goes out with a bang. Although it still leaves your mind to imagine what happened to the flock and friends afterwords.

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2010

max ride awsomeness!!!!!!!!!

its awsome and if u adults dont like it ur wirdly stupid.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlley B November 7, 2010
James Patterson has a good idea in mind, but actually pulling it off is a completely different story. At first what appears to be creative, albeit mindless fiction soon becomes silly, far-fetched and plot-less. Around this time in the series, all the protagonists are doing is fighting, being captured, escaping, and fighting again. Sounds fine the first five or six times around, but soon becomes redundant and monotonous. I have read the entire series, and the books also start to become suffocatingly preachy about saving the environment.