Kid reviews for Red Queen: Book 1

Action-packed fantasy will grip fans of powerful heroines.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover1231 February 15, 2015

Appropriate, But Disappointing.

I am a thirteen year old and I don't see anything that bad. There is mild kissing, but its not described at all. The Romance is not done that well. The characters are average and slightly boring. Overall this book is just okay.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrose_10 June 20, 2015

Red Queen was such an AWESOME book!

Red Queen was a really well written book, in my opinion! I would highly recommend this teens looking for a good and appropriate book to read. So many books for teens these days have not so great things in them, but Red Queen was basically aged correctly in its review. There was some violence, but it wasn't gory, or disturbing. Swearing was used more than the common sense media review said. However the swearing was mild (the d-word an b-word) and infrequently used. Also the usage of hell a few times, if I remember correctly. Overall this book was AMAZING, and a really good read! Oh, lastly (sorry forgot to mention) Red Queen is the first in a series. The next book, The Glass Sword, comes out February 9th in 2016! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byecbunz February 9, 2016

Wonderful book, a must read!

I loved this book very much. I recommend it for anyone who is looking for a great, quick, read. This book showed many positive messages and displayed the importance of being different is ok. Great book!

Teen, 17 years old Written byOneNerdyOwl July 20, 2015
I was excited to read this book, and I have to admit it was pretty stinking amazing.....I just wish I would have been warned about the swearing...They use what the *ell and bi*** multiple times and when I read the review before they didn't warn about that. I don't swear, and I don't like to read books with it in it....so that was pretty upsetting for me.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaudrey.the.reader March 14, 2016

Surprised Me!

At first, I thought this book was going to be as boring as watching paint dry... but it wasn't! It was the BEST book and now the series is one of my all time favorites. Mare is a strong character and doesn't let petty problems get in her way. The plot twists and action were the best and some of the plot twists I did not expect!! Victoria Aveyard is an amazing author! I loved this book so much! And by the way, #TeamCal for the love triangle. :)

Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2016

Red Queen is one of my best reads!

It's a really intense book, very realistic in the sense of characters and how they deal with their surroundings, which is welcome for people who love to read fantastical worlds with realistic characters. The book's main character, let's say, is a person who could very well exist in real life. She deals with her world's fantastical problems and at the same time deals with her own personal problems. A very good read for children, teens, and adults who are mature enough to deal with dystopian worlds and their problems.

Teen, 14 years old Written byx.jerrey.x November 9, 2015

LOVED IT!

This book is purely amazing, in my oppinion. It was well written. The author came up with a great topic for her series. It's very interesting and I can't wait to know more about what happens next in the sequel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymv718 December 2, 2015

Ok book, could have been better

I had high expectations from the things I have heard about this book, and it was kind of a disappointment. I am a huge fan of dystopian books and this one just felt like a rip-off version. It is similar to The Selection or Divergent, but not nearly as good. Mare, the main character, was the cliche sassy heroine of dystopian books, but she did not have a huge personality. There was not much character development of the main character throughout the plot and the romance felt sudden and out of nowhere. The idea of the plot was good, but the writing to me was not that great. This is an ok book, you most likely will enjoy the plot, but don't plan on it being one of your all time favorites.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook-Nerd March 1, 2016

Red Queen is an amazing book!

Red Queen is an amazing book! You will not be able to put it down, until you finish it. Mare Barrow lives in a society based on blood. There are two castes, red and silver. The silver blooded people have special abilities, like mind control, being able to see glimpses of the future, controlling metal, and fire control. The reds have no powers, just like you and me. Mare is different. She works as a thief, until one day, she gets caught. She finds out that she has her own power, one that she is not supposed to have. She gets thrown into the world of slivers, and she doesn’t know who to trust. Her blood might just be the downfall of them all. When Mare finds out that there are more people, just like her, she has to make a choice, whether to stay, or leave. She is the one, the one that will change the world. After all, she is the Red Queen.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysydneysmith November 17, 2015

Best Book I've Ever Read

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this book. It is insightful and makes kids want to help other less fortunate than themselves. I love this book and think that other kids will love it too. I suggest it for any young adult or teen who loves action and good plots. I could NOT put it down
Teen, 16 years old Written bylittlebookowl May 22, 2016

Awesome!

This book is awesome You bookworms out there must read it Go for it!

Teen, 17 years old Written byA1J3K7 March 5, 2016

This was really good

I never had much interest in reading but after starting this book I couldn't put it down. I was reading it every chance I get and the story line was spectacular! I loved everything about it and I suggest this book is must read.

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2015

Great Book

There is a little bit of swearing, so if you don't like that then don't read this. It's not that prevalent. I really like it, and it is currently my #1 favorite book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainbowNova840 August 16, 2015

Pick a Team!!

I really liked this book! It's perfect for anyone who wants about as much romance as The Hunger Games, and the powers of The Young Elites! There is some violence, but overall it's great for any 11 year old. There's also a love triangle, so make sure you pick a team ;)!
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaurika October 30, 2015

Amazing !!!!!!!!

Red queen is one of the best books based on dystopian world. Although red queen was published in 2013 but unfortunately it is not read by many people. This book will be liked by young adult readers. The world is divided by blood (red and silver) THEIR BLOOD IS A THREAT, A WARNING, A PROMISE, WE ARE NOT THE SAME AND NEVER WILL BE.... Red are the commoners whereas silvers are rulers with superpowers. The story revolves around seventeen year old Mare a red who possess a deadly power. Mare enters the silver palace, a world full of betrayal and lies, a mistake can lead to her death. The story has romantic twists, fantasy, violence and Mare its brave intriguing protagonist. A must read for shatter me, the selection, the young elite book lovers....

Teen, 14 years old Written byEleanor Fox May 10, 2016

Love this book

I loved this book and I read it two days! I think it's more for the younger generation and younger adults than older adults but everyone's book interests are different. A friend recommended it to me and she also loved it. It is similar to Divergent and the Hunger Games as it's dystopian and about rebelling against powerful rulers, but has a different story altogether. You should definitely read it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymugiwara February 21, 2016

Dissapointed In Acclaimed Book

As a big fan of the Selection series, I was very excited to hear friends talking about an "awesome book that's similar to the Selection". When I read the beginning of the book, I really enjoyed the writing and plot. As I continued, however, the plot seemed to get less exciting and more forced. My friend urged me to finish the book and said that there were two great plot twists coming soon. Sadly, the "plot twists" were predictable and weren't as surprising as my friend made them sound.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydwehfubeurfgyiewgfiw March 6, 2016

i hate evangaline

i love this book

Teen, 17 years old Written bynaomi_cruz1982 May 5, 2016

red queen

the book is really good has some adult content but not that much.This book has a good leason in it if you read all the way through i recamend it for all age groups 12 and older

Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2016

One Of The Best Books I Have Ever Read!

This book starts off with a commoner, named Mare Barrow. She ad her family are destined to serve the Silver Elite. The Silver Elite are people who have silver blood, and have supernatural gifts that set them apart. When Mare meets Farley, and she joins the Scarlett Guard, A group who oppose the Silver Elite. While Mare is smuggling, she meets a boy named Cal who turned to to be a prince. Her adventure makes a dangerous turn. Anyone can betray anyone.