All teen and kid member reviews for Silent to the Bone

Teen, 13 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ August 22, 2009

a great book

my school participated in reading olympics and delaware county recommended this book to be on the middle school list. there werent that many inapropriate scenes and i loved the mystery. i dont see why kids cant read this i read it when i was 11 and ok fine im 12 now but i still dont get why people make such a big deal about not even a couple pages. yes that stuff is innapropriate for elementary school kids but cant parents just give a little more credit to older kids?? im starting the second book tonight :-)
Teen, 13 years old Written byustogether4ev December 16, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookHelperForYou April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byEGarden December 9, 2013

Silent to the Bone

Was a disappointing book in my opinion i was expecting more! But it was an alright read.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobi123xa June 2, 2011

Relaxing, yet Exciting!

Silent to the bone is a nice mystery book, that I myself recognize as a relaxing, yet exciting, book for anyone over the age of (at least) 13. I recognize this book as an adventurous, thriller book. Although this book may contain unsuitable material, such as minor sexuality as well as smoking, I actually enjoyed trying to solve this mind bobbling book. I am 14 years old, and I have succeeded in enjoyment, and respect, of a book chosen for a curriculum requirement.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydreamgirl234 May 18, 2011

not ages under 10

had to read this book for class and i thought i was going to hate it but i can admit it was pretty good
Teen, 14 years old Written byluzl October 20, 2015

Silent To The Bone

“If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?” “Silent to the bone” is a book written by E.L. Konigsburg. “Silent to the bone” is about a young boy named Branwell. His mother died when he was a toddler in a car accident luckily he survived so did his father. He’s been raised by his father since his mother passed away. Branwell is a tall 13 year old that stands out anywhere and everywhere he goes no matter what crowd he’s in. He also has a best friend named Connor. In the story Branwell gets blamed for dropping his half-sister Nikki (Nicole). Even though no one really knows what actually happened. Ever since Branwell “dropped Nikki” and made the 911 call he’s been silent. Nikki gets put in a comma. So Branwell gets sent to a Juvenile Behavioral Center. His best friend Connor gets sent by Branwells’ father to break Branwells silent. In my opinion the book “Silent to the bone” is very intense and interesting. I think that because Branwell has been silent since this 911 call about Nikki. When he was on the phone with the operator he hadn’t said a word. So Vivian (the babysitter) was yelling at him “Tell them (then screaming as the voice approaches) For God’s sake, Branwell (voice gets louder) TELL THEM. SILENCE” Another reason is the relationship he has with his best friend Connor. It makes the story more interesting because of the way they are they are both total opposites and they ask each other weird sometimes unanswerable questions. Like when Branwell had asked Connor “If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?” Also this story is intense because Branwell gets blamed about dropping Nikki but no one knows what truly happened because Vivian was asleep during her babysitting duty. I’d recommend this book to people that like mystery.
Teen, 16 years old Written by@sean.craft16 December 1, 2014

Amazing

I think this book was quite good. The sexual part at the end was alittle disturbing but that Is life. NOT saying it is right but i do not think this is inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycraicalaic November 2, 2013

Silent to the Bone Review

I think this book can be very interesting for kids who like mystery. However, their is some content that I wouldn't recommend for children under 13. I read this book with my class in the 8th grade, and although the sexual content was a bit uncomfortable to talk about, it's something that we will have to learn about in some point in our lives. And especially with this generation, I think kids at around 13-14 should start to slowly learn about these things. With publicity and the internet, kids these days are a lot more exposed to these types of things then people used to be. So in conclusion, if you're a parent who doesn't feel comfortable with their kids reading things with any sexual content whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend this book. But overall, it's a great book with a good storyline, and I would definitely recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylyndsey791 September 30, 2012

Great Mystery!

This was a good book, I loved the mystery. But, I had some inappropriate things for kids that are in elementary school. It really shows how friendship can go a long way, and has some great messages. At times though, it got kinda boring. The plot was kind of repetitive. Overall, it was a good book. If there is a sequel, I would definitely read it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySiennaroar1 April 10, 2011

It's a great book for tweens and teans.

I love this book. I had to read it for a book project for school and I thought it was great. I was very interested in it and I could not stop reading it. I think that it is a great book for some tweens and teens.
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2010
love it so much
Kid, 11 years old September 24, 2010

Doesn't make sense, but is discusting in the meanwhile

Dont read, please
Teen, 15 years old Written bypetrarca007 March 2, 2010
Love it!!! Very strong themes and characters!!! I've read it and I thought it was very heavy but enjoyable!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymllover August 17, 2009

Over 10 years of age

I like the book. not a big fan of books, but this is a great excuse to read. it talks about life
Teen, 13 years old Written bynathanieldude22 February 27, 2009

Not that great..

The sexuality is very very very mild and the violence is nothing I read this in my reading class and i got a C- because the book was so bad that I could really read it. But I what happens because we had discusions about the book every day. The sex/nudity is nothing at all and there is not violence (from a perspective of someone who reads Steven King books)
Teen, 14 years old Written byjosex November 18, 2008

silent to the bone

that u shoul care tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so so so sos sop`soPÒS DS`PSAodñ´lsaD AsodaDL AsopdkaSDDSJAdñlk slñdjksadñ dlñkskdlñs ddñjksñd dslhshjdlsd shdjsd shdlshd dklhjsdd slhjkdksd djksds djksjdd kjs kjkljs dls jdkljkljsk j kj j lklks j djk ds jkl dsjkl dsjkl dsjkl
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfriend1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrumayo90210 April 9, 2008

Great mystery!

I really enjoyed the plot of this book. I do agree that the sexual content was kinda iffy but other than that it was really great. I finished it in 2 nights.

Such Crap

I cant believe people write this crap and it gets published. I accidently picked this up when I was much younger (it was in the childrens section of the library?!) and read it adn was absolutely disgusted. I hate this book completly.