A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the race, class, and gender themes. How do the racial and class differences among passengers resonate with you?
Why do we enjoy stories with such widespread destruction?
How does the disaster bring out the true nature of the characters, for better or worse?
- Author: Matt de la Peña
- Genre: Adventure
- Topics: Adventures, Friendship
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Delacorte Press
- Publication date: November 12, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 14 - 17
- Number of pages: 320
- Available on: Nook, Audiobook (unabridged), Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Award: ALA Best and Notable Books
- Last updated: January 31, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love adventures and thrillers
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.