Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this book.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the race, class, and gender themes. How do the racial and class differences among passengers resonate with you?
Why do we enjoy stories with such widespread destruction?
How does the disaster bring out the true nature of the characters, for better or worse?
- Author: Matt de la Peña
- Genre: Adventure
- Topics: Adventures, Friendship
- Book type: Fiction
- Publisher: Delacorte Press
- Publication date: November 12, 2013
- Publisher's recommended age(s): 14 - 17
- Number of pages: 320
- Available on: Nook, Audiobook (unabridged), Hardback, iBooks, Kindle
- Award: ALA Best and Notable Books
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love adventures and thrillers
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.