Kid reviews for Time Riders

Time-traveling thriller puts three teens in NYC on 9/11.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2014

Awsome Book!

This is an excellent book with a great story and good characters. It is very very hard to put it down because you feel like being a part of the time traveling adventure! Some violent themes though. Otherwise an awesome book!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBirdBoyBen September 25, 2012

Well worth a read

Surprisingly intense and scary, the first installment of the Time Riders series was a pleasant surprise. The beginning was shocking and immediately got me interested in the book, and there were just enough gaps between action to build up a fair bit of tension. The characters appear weak at first but characterization is strong and builds them up until you can see right inside their thoughts, feel their fear and excitement. There was a fair amount of gore including mangled bodies and frightening mutant humans, though it is not graphically described. There are also some very good lessons that can be learnt from the book about teamwork, friendship and the idea of a 'perfect world'. My only criticism is that I felt there could have been a bit more description in places, particularly of the rescuing at the beginning and New York itself, but other than that this book is brilliant.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTipp March 16, 2012

Pretty good book.

Good book, quite simple but still the next book you should read.

Teen, 14 years old Written byamazinggracy April 21, 2013

Benificial

great! sci-fi that teaches the reader a little history in the process.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNitro_Python August 7, 2013

Very good

Violent book series will be fine for those 12+

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatniss013 April 25, 2018

I didn't even finish it

I started the book thinking it was a bit slow, but hoping it would get better later on. About halfway through, I just stopped reading it because I was bored and confused and the book just didn't appeal to me. But the aspect of time travel and the author's interpretation of different events in history were interesting to read about, and kids and teens should try this book if you like that sort of thing.