Kid reviews for To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Book 1

Sassy sisters steal the show in well-told romantic read.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySydney Poppy February 14, 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

I really, really, enjoyed this book! It was probably one of my favorites I've read in the past few years. And now one of my all time favs! I would recommend this book to 13+ year old readers. Here's why: Sex: while sensuality is pretty vague among the main character personally, other characters are involved more deeply in it. For example, Lara Jean's (the main character) best friend Chris is portrayed as the girl that hooks up with lots of boys. Also, Lara Jean's future boyfriend (can't say or would be spoiler) has had sexual relations with his past girlfriend, and many know him for a jock and "hotty". Lara Jean does find out that her sister has had sex, but the description stops there in detail. Only one to two part in the story involves Lara Jean kissing passionately. Profanity: Profanity is mildly used throughout, but not even close to the point of becoming trashy. Some is even played for comedic effect. Summery: The synopsis of the book is about Lara Jean's secret love letters being sent to all the boys she's written them to, and it might seem careless, but is nothing Lara Jean previously knew about before it happened. Positive Role Models: Lara Jean is a very good role model for any parent or teen that is wondering. She does well in school, and puts education above everything. She spends a lot of quality time with her family, and has never had a boyfriend before the age of 16. She's extremely responsible and takes care of many household needs. I hope you found my review useful, and enjoy the book as much as I did! ~Thanks!

Teen, 15 years old Written by5sos_LHR1996 October 18, 2014
This book was great,shows that side that I'm sure is in a lot of girls. There's a few alcohol references but nothing extreme.There's kissing between two characters but doesn't go beyond that. As well as the main character finding out that her sister and her boyfriend had sex.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2015

BEST BOOK OF JENNY HAN

Great book. Great message. Lots of romance :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byJcripps March 27, 2016

Love it!!

I love this book! I got in in the morning and finished it all in one day! It keeps you interested!!I can fall into it and it makes you feel like you are a part of the cast! I love the love stories with family and dating!!I totally recomend it!!!

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2016

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

This book is a great book for tween/teens . I loved this book it has mild swearing ,but otherwise great. This book has a great message for sisterly love and about the coming of age. I really enjoyed this books plot and the story. This book also has a mean girl part that I think could be slightly relatable because of the gossip section of it. I defienetly will recommend this to my friends for a good hearted, romance novel

Teen, 13 years old Written bymecortis1 May 18, 2018

The Best!

Besides there being some parts of where people think they had sex in hot tub and kissing it was pretty good. I liked it and it was funny how she wrote letters to the boys she liked. I think it is a very good book but I think your mom or dad needs to know the "sex" parts in the book before you read it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byangelsmokey124 June 4, 2015

great books for middle schoolers

Iffy for 11 god for 12

Teen, 14 years old Written bygreenloversara August 8, 2015

Fun for a summer book.

I read this book in one night. It is a super fun easy read with an excellent story. There is some kissing and there is nothing graphic. Hoped this helped

Teen, 13 years old Written byDuht....itz...Me May 14, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written byalligatorule July 28, 2017

A wonderful, can't put it down book!

If you like "cute" romances, this book is for you! I started reading this, and then became so engrossed in the book I ended up reading it in 3 days! The main character reminds me of how I used to look up to my older sisters, because she is almost flawless. Would recommend!

Teen, 14 years old Written byalligatorule July 28, 2017

A wonderful, can't put it down book!

Teen, 13 years old Written bystrudelkitty827 July 17, 2015

Wonderful Story!!

This story was well written and intriguing. Lara Jean is an adorable girl, and I can't wait to read the sequel. Would totally recommend for every teenage girl!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLulabyye August 22, 2018

Amazing book and very well written

I absolutely LOVED the book and would re-read this any time. It is a sweet book and I love all the details given in it about how the characters progress. My favorite part of the whole book is that they actually have the recipes for everything she cooks. I really hope to try some of them at some point. I feel even though Margot wasn’t there you still learned so much about her and everything else. I enjoyed everything and can not wait to read the rest of the series!

Teen, 14 years old Written byliviHland September 3, 2018

Such a good book!!!!!!

I definitely recommend this book! Its great for preteens and teens, there is occasionally characters bringing up sex but no details. There is swearing but nothing a 14 yr old shouldn't know. I also love the movie but its nothing like the book!!

Teen, 17 years old Written bywordshavepower August 6, 2018

So cute!

Lara Jean is one of those girls who watches from a distance and never really takes the leap. Throughout the book that changes and its nice to see that character development. Its also nice to see how her "boyfriend" Peter changes throughout the book too . Even though their relationship doesn't start off as real, they still are perfect for each other. There is talk of sex and a little kissing but if you're okay with bubbly fun romance this is the book for you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byguzman_alpaca December 10, 2018

The Best Book I've Ever Read!

This is the best book I have ever read, by far! Though there is inappropriate content, it does not get into detail, and is clean and exciting for the most part. I read this book in less than 6 days! It's one of those books where you say, "Aw, c'mon, just one more chapter!" and then you end up finishing the whole book. Lara Jean is a positive role model, who, though she faces hardships with her mother, sisters, and fake-boyfriend Peter, never forgets to stay on top of things at school and at home. There is one scene where Lara Jean and Peter are at a high-school party at an unsupervised home, with alcohol, but no one is drunk, or making bad choices. Though there is much swearing, it is high school, and that is just how it is. All of the characters have a great educational drive; Margot is at college in Scotland, and Lara Jean works hard in school. This may be the best book I have ever read! These young adults are not dependent on anyone, and they can do things for themselves. There is lots of drama, and it keeps you enticed and on the edge of your seat! 100%, A+, 10/10! All-around great book!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJ.K.R. October 29, 2018

i love this book

Teen, 13 years old Written byMelendra Meher October 18, 2018

Quite A book

It is a very good book especially for teen girls. It is very simple to read, although it is like 208 pages long I could finish it in just 3 days. The characters are well narrated and the story line was also good. If you are a classic reader like me I wouldn't prefer it to you. At the end book had a great twist so without continuing the story till Book 2 will leave you thinking about this book, so if you read Book 1 you have to read Book 2 because you mind leaves you thinking about the consequences of the story. At last I would like to say that it was a very good book.

Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2018

MY FAVE BOOK! The Netflix Movie Is Great Too!

Teen, 15 years old Written byFreddieAndQueen4Life September 21, 2018

My favorite series of all time.

This has been my favorite book series since it came out in 2014. I realize I was young then, but I loved it. Peter is so amazing and treats Lara Jean like a queen. I wish he was real. The characters are great and I recommend the whole trilogy and the movie(s?). Team Peter!