All parent member reviews for Crysis 3

Parent Written byChristianParentof3 July 8, 2013

10 and up with family settings on.

A big prolem with being a Christian is the fact that my kids want to play games like this and they cant because of cussing. Violence really isnt an issue to me as my kids are mature enogh for that. My 8 year old cant play this but my 12 year old and 14 year old can. Ill tell you why, there is an option for language also knows as family settings you can tune it down to be things like F***, s***, or things like d***, h***, or all together off. However the violence is still not for kids younger then 10.
Parent Written byizacis February 28, 2013

good game, some violence!

Crysis 3 is a game with violence, and for a fps game its fairly mild. there is occasional violence but other than that it is basic stuff. there is also language in the game, and this is where its not that mild. characters will say words like f**k and s**t but not as common as you would think. there is also multiplayer present in the game with voice chat and sometimes players can be abused on it. though that isn't very common. it is a good game and i would recommend it for 12+
Adult Written byMrWatson June 18, 2013

Watson's Perspective

Crysis 3 is beautiful. There's no getting around it, it's one of the best-looking games ever made. And that's its chief selling point. The plot is decent as far as sci-fi shooter plots go, but it really isn't all that compelling (especially if you don't read the data entries that are placed in the game menu). If you're comfortable playing other shooters, this is standard fare as far as violence goes. Blood is present, but not significant (you won't see huge blood spatters on walls a la Halo: CE). The realism of the visuals does give things more impact, both in combat and during plot scenes (it's just more believable because it looks so real) but doesn't make a huge difference. Profanity is definitely the strongest warning here: one prominent character curses frequently and strongly (there are a *lot* of f-words). Ease of play isn't really an issue for anyone who's played a shooter--in fact, I found that playing on anything but the highest difficulty was too easy for me, as the nano-suit's powers make dispatching foes very easy.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGAMERS4U June 10, 2013

The only review you should read

This is one of the best games out there so you should definitely let your kid play this.Much less language than crysis 2 words like f**k and s**t are used but not a lot, blood and violence is between halo 4 and call of duty 4 modern warfare and the multiplayer is amazing.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bycatholicsreviews June 4, 2013

crysis 3

this game is awesome i watch my kids play. Just some cussing is a little common on this game but thats y its got family settings. This game is ok for a maybe a 5th grader
Parent Written bySgtUnicorn May 5, 2013

Crysis 3

Crysis 3 is not so violent, minor cussing, amazing visuals, nuff said. Good game
Adult Written bythehandyman August 22, 2014

Amazing Graphics, for the mature minded

I'm 20, I have younger brothers 13 and up, and they are fine playing the game. The ceph are a little scary to smaller kids like 13 and under. The grahics are incredible, and the gameplay is great in both singleplayer and multiplayer. This game has strong language, it has all the words in the book. What everyone won't tell you is that you can turn the speech off, and disable subtitles. Now you can still hear the cool sound effects and gunshots, you just don't need to hear the overly excessive and purely unnecessary cursing the game has to offer. I also recommend this fps game as all others for children who are mature enough to know the difference between a game and reality and know how precious human life really is. The violence is ok, just some blood and shooting, the aliens will explode sometimes but they kind of look like giant pink gummies in armor. There are scenes from crysis 2 that show prophet killing himself (shot head) which shouldn't be seen by younger kids/ immature kids.