Parent Written byizacis October 9, 2012

Amazing

this game is very good, but for the more mature.there is a little splash of blood occasionly when you kill an enemy, and a couple of swear words in there as well.Alll of this can be avoided, in fact it encourages you not to kill anyone. If you kill something it will discourage you by giving you punishments! get this game if your kids dont mind the occaasional s word and splash of blood.
Adult Written byMrBobbito September 24, 2013

Violence NOT Discouraged

To clarify, at no point does the game tell the player "it is wrong to kill people". When other reviews say it discourages killing, what they really mean is that killing people will change the way the story progresses. There is no immediate benefit in choosing to avoid someone over choosing to kill them, the latter often being easier. Next, in terms of violence, a lot of these reviews are off. Yes, you get the "splash of blood" as some people are saying. However, you can also watch corpses get devoured into nothing by swarms of rats, giving enough time to clearly see a body with all the organs exposed. The game is centered around plague, and your character even has the power to summon rats to kill enemies. Besides all of that, the theme of the game is, simply, revenge. While you can indirectly help others, your motivation through the whole story is to kill off anyone that betrayed you and anyone that might be helping them. It's an excellent story to follow, but you're not going to learn a lot of virtues from this one.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bynewadult345 October 11, 2012

not for learning

not for learning
Parent Written bymeetthespy863 October 24, 2012

Let's be thankful to science!

This game is an historical reminder that at least rats wont give us the plauge. There was nothing that I was concerned about. Get this for your kid. :)
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTeren Wopkins June 16, 2013

Get this for your kid!

After watching my son Jack play this title and even playing it my self, the game offers many mind boggling puzzles and some historical things. Yes there may be some violence because you can choose to kill people but trust me your kid wouldn't want to because you actually get punished for killing. The gore when killing is quite minimal. And overall a great game.
Adult Written byPrearistotle January 29, 2013

And overall amazing game.

Dishonored is one of the first single player games to blow me away in the past few years. The gameplay and combat are amazing, the story is easy to follow and fun, and Corso is an amazing hero and savior in the game. The violence in the game can get pretty graphic, though the game actually encourages as little violence and death as possible (alternate endings). There are MANY different ways to complete objectives, some of which effect you later. There are sexual themes (girl in bathtub, girls in brothel), but no sex and nudity is shown. The focus always stays on Corso's goal and doesn't detract for petty side-quests. Would rate this a good game for any adult and mature teenager.
Parent Written bytrender August 10, 2013

Not For Kids

dishonored Is a mature game that should not be played by kids. if you are stealthy than the game is far less violent but if you kill everybody it gets pretty bloody. if your kids mature and can take some blood I might be ok but for the most part this game should not be played by kids.
Parent Written byBobJones21 November 7, 2013

The truth

Dishonored is a fantasy video game. It has violent moments about the same as Skyrim. I think that if you have Skyrim this is okay for them. It has guns, but not that bad. It is a very good game.
Parent Written byThegamingguy November 18, 2012

One of the most unique games this year.

This game is simply amazing. But, I will get back to that later. First, I will lay down the negatives. Violence: Violence is probably the main issue, as you can stab,shoot,and poison your victims. Language: You may here a few f bombs and other foul language, but not much. If your child has ever played a first person shooter, he has heard alot worse. Sexual content: I'll make this quick. There barely is any. Some of the woman are refered to as wh*&es, but that's about it. Overall, this game is fantastic and suitable for mature 10 year olds and up.
Parent Written byscranton August 10, 2013

play it the stealthy way

if your kids play it the stealthy way than it isn't that violent at all.
Adult Written byDachristwatcher November 21, 2012

Dishonored Global Review

Well i just got this game for my computer and i think it is really good, now for language there are about 5 to 6 fu*k words in each level, And for violence the game is based on a man who got accused for killing the empress but he was fraimed for the crime, then he breaks out of prison and these people help him out and the character that u play gos on missons for them and they give u money. So ur trying to get back at the people who fraimed u so i would say that u kill about 50 to 75 enemies a level. for violence i give it a 7 and a half out of 10. for language i give it a 5 out of 10.
Parent Written bykerran467 August 10, 2013

one of the best games of 2012

I love this game. it is a lot of fun. you really get to choose how you want to play this game. I recommend this game to anyone. though, this game does consist of mature themes but overall its not inappropriate in my opinion. if you accept a little bit of blood here and there and some mild language this game should be fine.
Parent Written bydachin August 10, 2013

It should be rated T

great action stealth game that should not be rated M
Parent of a 12 year old Written byKüüe February 21, 2013

Greatest game of 2012.

This game is simply amazing, but here's a heads-up to the other parents: There is a lot of violence, but by using stealth, non-lethal executions, and lots of time, you can beat the game without killing anyone. Language and sex isn't much of a problem, but references are here and there. Just remember the undertone of the game, revenge. Sure, Corvo (the main character) does have his reasons, after being falsely accused for the murder of the Empress, but it is revenge nonetheless.
Parent Written byNerd Gaming August 10, 2013

awsome game

dishonored has the best stealth I have seen in a video game. the game has a interesting story and the setting is unique and interesting. I loved my time playing this game. there is two ways you can play this game. you can be stealthy or just kill everything. personally, being stealthy is more fun. I think this is a great game and it really isn't that violent.
Parent Written bygaming is life August 10, 2013

good game, mature content

this is a good game though it does consist of some content that might not be appropriate for everyone. as long as you choose to play it stealthy the violence really shouldn't b a problem.
Adult Written byadultwith4kids September 13, 2014

ok for kids 10+

the game punishes you for killing people. One of the first rules in life, DON'T KILL PEOPLE.
Parent Written byTheHelpfulFather October 26, 2012

Pleasantly Surprised

I see why it was given an M rating, however, almost all violence on a regular basis can be avoided, generally you don't need to hurt anyone. If you choose to kill on a regular basis, there is a little blood but not much, but again it's not necessary. This game does show positive messages such as the main character's care for the princess. Your choices throughout the game decide the ending, it is rated M for mature so parents be cautious but as you may learn it can be quite a good and appropriate for mature teens around 14 and 15+
Parent Written bySeamus G. November 7, 2016
Adult Written byAdam B October 8, 2016

If you are scared about this game read this!

Dishonored is a game where you take the role of a brutal assassin. What if I told you that you could do all that without killing a soul? In the game, you play as Corvo, an assassin with only one task. To save the Empresses daughter. IF that's not a great role model I don't know what is. This game wants to stop you from killing! If you kill the get a terrible ending to an amazing game. Anyways my 13-year-old son wanted this game. In case you can not guess my family in Christian. At first, I was very worried but when I researched I was surprised at how amazing this game looked. My son has watched Passion of the Christ so I knew he could handle the violence but the assassin part pulled me away. Then, I learned the game does not want you to kill but to save. You use your superhuman powers to save and a young girl named Emily and to avenge the death of the Queen. If you are Christian and have a child who wants this game please let them get it. It taught my soon to make deep moral choices and had him faced with murder or mercy. In the end, 85% of players will play this game Non-lethal and save the day. I hope this review helped and God bless!