Kid reviews for Halo: Reach

Conclusion to violent sci-fi shooter for older teens only.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSKY42 April 2, 2012

epic

it is a great game it teaches kids to kill aliens isn't that great

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old April 30, 2011
Kid, 9 years old March 28, 2011

over 10

i think the game is alright becaues you are shooting aliens and it isn't that vielont i think your kids will love the game and it won;t effect them in any way.

Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2011

reach

first of all this is a very good game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMacMan11295 March 10, 2011

Should be rated E+!

Love it! no language, no sexual themes, GREAT Online multiplayer!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2011

Perfect for teens and tweens.

Esrb should rate it T (teen) but i give it a 10 for some violence and animated blood

Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2012

Know your child

It isnt very bad, but know your child. If he runs around the house pretending he is from halo reach dont get it. If your child is mature and knows real life from video games than id say get it. Make sure you put a time limmit on the game though. Hope this helped

Teen, 13 years old Written byme9999 June 20, 2011

inevitable

Hate to say it but this game really isn't that bad. I am 13 years old and this game does not tell me violence is fine. Its just a good time. This game even has positive messages. The characters are people willing to die to save their friends, family, and home. Their is very little red blood, but large amounts of blue, cool aid looking stuff. the blood is rarely red or orange. There is a lot of swearing but that is something I hear every day even worse in the locker rooms at school. Swearing is inevitable, your kids will hear it in time. The violence is not that bad in comparison to call of duty and other games of the same rating. Just know your kid. If you think they can't handle a little vilence and a sad (I almost cried) story than don't let them get it. Thanks for your time.

Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming4people October 17, 2010

Why rated M?

this game mostly pits you against monsters that are trying to destroy the human race. blood is not bad and i notice no language. the only time u kill a human is when you go online or play multiplayer.

Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

HALO REACH should be T rated

The only time I've ever played this was at my big brothers bachelores party and it wasn't bloody at all, I maybe saw 1 drop. NO cursing, sexual behavior, online is the only place you'll see theses. It's possible to swear on XBOX LIVE over the microphone. I've only played multiplayer and the only problem is violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSmartOne November 25, 2011

good for 13 and up. maybe 12

If you like a great game with an amazing storyline this is it. It is rated M for violence and language mostly. There is mild language and is not too bad. The violence is ok for anyone 13 or 14 years old. But compared to Call of Duty the violence in this game is nothing. You shoot at aliens and the blood is usually purple or blue and there are never any gory scenes. So overall, the violence is not bad, especially since it takes plce 500 yeas in the future so it is just aliens... and no gore.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJCK12 April 30, 2011
This game is a very bloody and gory game. A big problem is knife kills. knife kills are when you get behind an alien, grab it pull out your knife be-head him or jab it into him. Another bad part is swearing the language goes all the way up to S**t. The last bad part is violence. We all know that first person shooters involve shooting and killing but when your shield bar goes down the nex time you get shot makes blood spew every where, this goes for the same with the aliens except once they are dead, you can run up hit them or shoot them causing blood to splatter every where. Last thing thats bad is live other players can swear as high as they feel, like swearing goes up to f**ks and really thats why I don't play on live. The 2 good parts are 1 its really easy to play and the only problem is the controls are different from most of the others im really not sure becaus ive never played Halo 3 ODST. 2 Good role models. You're a military guy who tries to save the others and suseeds by taking away his life and the fact that you help kill the aliens before they kill the civilians.This game is no where near 9yr olds but id say for 18+.

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2011

love the game, im an addict to it!

Love the game, best one in the series, 100x better than any other call of duty game

Teen, 17 years old Written byMatt R. January 18, 2011

Great Sci-Fi game

This game is really good and it is not THAT non age appropriate for young teens. There is the word B***h is used in few or barely any of the campaign missions. There is some blood in the multiplayer gameplay on Xbox live. Not educational, no drugs, drinking, etc., no sex, and it really doesn't deserve to be an M-rated game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byreviewerdudeguy2 November 23, 2010

great game but not for younger kids

Probably one of the best fps games ever. Great graphics, accessible controls, topped with more multiplayer modes makes halo reach a must have.

Kid, 10 years old December 29, 2011

I Saw my 7 year-old Cousin Play This

Ages 2-6 Off Ages 7-16 Iffy Ages 17+ On
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2011

This game is fine for ages 11 and up

I think that the characters are pretty good role models because they sacrifice their lives to save humanity. Gore is not too bad(it is scarce, purple, and unrealistic), and the characters never curse. It is easy to play on the easy, normal, and heroic difficulties. I personnally loved the story and the game. Playing online is lots of fun. If you are worried about language online, just dont use a head set. It deserves a T or even E10 rating.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperKamiGuru September 7, 2014

Very customizable

It doesn't even have to be a rated m game.

Ease of Play
Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byAgent663 November 2, 2012

Kids 12 and up understand how great it is.

Great prequel by Bungie! Kids below 12 don't understand how good it is. I played it with an 11 year old once, and he thought it was "OK". NO! IT IS NOT OK! IT'S AMAZING! I knew it was amazing when I was 12, so it's good for kids 12 and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPantsOffDanceOff January 31, 2011
if every one played this ther would be no war every one needs this go buy it.....now

Educational Value