All parent member reviews for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Adult Written bykmattson April 9, 2008

Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

Good little game!

I like KH, I'll admit, but when I heard about this game I was a little iffy about whether it would be good considering previous card battle games weren't all that great. And I didn't have an SP, but it gave me good reason to get one! I had my thoughts that the card battle system would be tedious, but it actually allows for freedom for the player to utilize Sora however they want. The system isn't that difficult to learn, either. My seven year old cousin picked it up and understood it rather quickly. Beyond that, the story was good and a good lead-up to the second PS2 installment of the franchise. I actually have no big complaints about the game other than Riku. When you beat Sora's game you can play as Riku and he gets frustrating as you can't customize him like you can Sora, which forces you to think a little more. Otherwise, this is a solid game for the SP!
Adult Written bymaniac086 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Worst Kingdom Hearts, but still relatively good.

Please, for the love of god, don't base your understanding of kingdom hearts on this game. I didn't enjoy it that much other than the great story line. It really is not that fun, but I absolutely LOVE the kingdom hearts games. If you're going to play this game, make sure you play the first one before you do. I personally hope Kingdom Hearts is going to continue going in the direction it started going with Kingdom Hearts II. I liked the first one a little better, but I like the T elements that were introduced. The second one definitly should have been rated T, but this one is right in it's E rating. There is almost nothing bad in this game as far as violence, just little card battles. There is only one swear word. The story may be a little more mature, but there's not problem with allowing your 9 year olds play this game. Just make sure they play the first one before they do.