Parent reviews for Outlast II

Extreme horror game has gore, torture, birth of Antichrist.

Parent Written byBrittany S. May 8, 2017

Good for adults looking to get their horror fix. Rated M, so that's pretty self explanatory...

This game is rated M. That alone should be reason to think twice before allowing your kids play this game. There are a lot of heavy topics and extreme violence that children just aren't able to process yet. Don't get me wrong, I love horror in all its forms but there are things that just aren't appropriate for kids (teens included). Look at games' ratings, they are usually pretty spot on and explain why it's been given a Mature, Teen, etc rating.

Adult Written byNellie B. May 19, 2017

Quite Gory

Well, don't recommend you let your children play this, a bit depressing and traumatizing, but older teens should be fine with it.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byJWilliams303 May 23, 2017

Somewhat as good as the first

I highly enjoyed the first one so much; the atmosphere, characters, creepy factor, and the gameplay made Outlast so chilling and frightening to play. The first one scared me so much I had to stop playing it at times. The second one, on the other hand, still does great with all that the first did, but made the AI's too hard to where they could easily find you (or in my case wait by the bed, where I was hiding for more than five minutes, not moving until I got out), and also made it more of a trial and error game than a stealthy, what's behind the corner game. I still enjoyed the game but instead of wanting to stop playing it because I got scared, it was was more like stop playing it because I got so annoyed with having to do a same scene in the game over and over again. I was able to beat the game in a whole day, but the game is only about $30 so that is understanding. Fans of Outlast may like this one, but others may find it too dark or too annoying to play this even through once.

Adult Written byAndrew M. July 8, 2017

A Gory and Great Horror Experience

Outlast 2 is a mature horror experience that delves into psychological trauma, religious corruption, and even paedophilia (in more an implied subtext than explicit theme). It's premise is a lot look the original in that you are a defenceless protagonist (Blake Langerman) who is searching for his wife, Lynn, after a helicopter crashes in the desert just where a religious cult happens to have built their home. The majority of the gameplay sees the player running form the murderously psychotic inhabitants of the village as well as Blake's own metaphorical demons during a handful of some intriguing and intense dreamlike sequences. The gameplay is simple but often the trial and error "where am I supposed to go" feeling during chases can become overwhelming especially during the more difficult encounters where being caught will mean your certain death. This is not a game for the faint-hearted, however. Outlast 2 pushes to an extreme of cruelty and violence depicted in videogames with bodies of tortured victims, piles of dead babies, mutilated cultists, and the implied sexual assault of others. On this basis alone, Outlast 2 is not a game suitable for children. Not only is the content inappropriate for them, they will not be mature enough to understand fully what is happening thematically or narratively. However, if a child in their late teens is mature enough to understand the concepts of the videogame then there is no reason to deny them the experience. Overall Outlast is an inventive, if often tedious, survival horror experience. It is disturbing in all the right ways and compelling enough to see to the end and hit the replay button right after.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byrichard.tubestench89 September 5, 2018

Very Realistic

This game is a very realistic simulation of what happens when a Russian attempts to walk to the Convenience Store.

Adult Written byJ.S Bach August 5, 2018
Adult Written byKline C. May 29, 2018

Good game

I let my 10 year old play it with very close maintenance and it seemed just right for his age group.

Adult Written byBob D. May 29, 2018

Awesome

I think this is a great game that has a bad name they make it sound sooo bad but its not that inappropriate honestly I didn't want to get it because I thought it was so bad for me to play. Im really stricked but I even thought it could be worse.

Adult Written byJohn C. May 21, 2018

Geat Game, love it teens are OK, if they can handle gore.

I think it is a great game and teens, who can handle horror, and gore well should be able to play this game same with the first Outlast except Outlast is less intense.

Adult Written byTomáš J. April 5, 2018