Parent reviews for Superhot

Surreal strategy, first-person shooter has mild violence.

Adult Written bySoinicninja February 25, 2016

Superhot, More Like Super Good Brain Tool

This game is a very good tool for the brain; it is not a run and shoot game, its a Strategy game, put into an FPS. You just cant sprint into a room and kill everything, you have to stop and think. It's very strategy based, I would recommend this game to everyone. The violence is there, but the enemies shatter, there is no gore at all.

Parent Written byDanielle W. January 23, 2021

Suicidal Challenge early on

My son came to me early on and said there is a part where I have to “dispose of my own body with a gun”. Not a good game for a child that has struggled with depression.
Parent of a 11-year-old Written byModdisonc January 9, 2021

Commit Suicide to Complete the Game

In order to complete the game, the player has to shoot themselves in the head. This was very disturbing and destroyed what was a really cool game. I think that action in a VR setting is incredibly unsettling at any age, and if my child or teen were experiencing any sort of depression or feelings along the spectrum of suicide, how would an action like that impact them? We played it on the Oculus Quest.

Adult Written bywyatt3m7 January 16, 2020

It’s ok for kids

There is no blood it can look like it but no blood a little violence but not a lot but is a good game to teach kids that piracy is bad.

Adult Written byAlfredcrich April 11, 2021

Great game, BUT...there are parts that are disturbing

This game is really challenging and fun. There are few parts that is very disturbing as a parent. To continue through a couple of levels you have to shoot yourself, or jump off a building...then at the end of the game you end up shooting yourself again. As a parent, I did not like to see this in the game and even my son thought it was disturbing. The only other critique is that the game is super short. Not worth $25.

Adult Written bybaromney January 8, 2021

WARNING: SUICIDE REQUIRED

Children should not be playing this game. In multiple situation, the user is REQUIRED to commit SUICIDE, either by shooting oneself in the head or by jumping off a building, in order to advance the game. I was shocked to learn this. The game instructs the user to "prove your loyalty and dispose of your body." Again this is a required element of game play. Being that it is VR, using a hand held device and a trigger, this is all too real and in my opinion, completely inappropriate.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byCapt nem0 September 3, 2020

Mind bender

This game is great, it has got lots of violence but it is not bloody at all so a 7 year old could deal with it. But you need a strategic mind for it.
Adult Written bydad-against-bullies December 11, 2019

you do want your kid to play this game

This game is so good. I played it once on my sons xbox and wowzers it is very fun. it is also very bland visual ly so no worry about violence and anything. playing i easy, i picked it up fast. it is clean fun and good for all ages up from 8.

8/10 on my scale of good games

Parent of a 7-year-old Written byBobby G. March 26, 2018

Amazing indie game!

This game is amazing! It contains constant sci-fi violence- all the characters are made of glass. Hits from pistols, assault rifles, bats, katanas, and shotguns result in an enemy's body part shattering. No language. The reason I gave this a ten is because it can be a bit creepy at times. Creepy messages appear on the screen and the game fake glitches in a creepy way.

Adult Written byWhatacoolname B. March 17, 2018