Kid reviews for Superhot

Surreal strategy, first-person shooter has mild violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWalkedRelic089 August 21, 2017

The Most Innovative Shooter I've Played In Years

SUPERHOT is an excellent game. The story is very clever and explores themes such as addiction to video-games, self-control, having independent thoughts and piracy. The gameplay is incredible. Time only moves when you do. It's so simple but brilliant I'm surprised it has not been done before. The art style is simple and slick and the sound is immensely satisfying. You can shoot, punch, and slice your enemies, although the fact that your enemies are made of red crystals makes the violence quite minimal. Overall SUPERHOT is an excellent game that should be played by all who enjoy first-person-shooters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruman J. August 31, 2019

Superhot is innovative and a delight to play

Superhot is without a doubt the most innovative shooter I have played in years! The game itself resolves around shooting red human-shaped glass statues that try to shoot you back. The guns and weapons are not realistic at all. When you do manage to "kill" a red statue, they will shatter to pieces like glass should. The gameplay is very fun, the controls are easy to use and the gameplay style is like nothing I've seen before! The main issue in this game lies within the story. Though there is not much direct storytelling in the game, the storyline (which is told through text and reading only) could be considered scary to some children. Overall, this game is very easy to sit down and play through to relieve stress, relax, and just have fun!

Teen, 15 years old Written byXFX1270 May 11, 2018

Brutally Difficult

This game is RIDICULOUSLY difficult, but it is a blast to play. Once you get the hang of it, it is a great game.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2020

Best hard game

SUPERHOT is more than an fps an strategy game you use weapons to kill the enemies but they are made of red glass so its not very violent no blood the game can get a little creepy some times by messages on the screen but its not too creepy l.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycouchpotatochip21 April 12, 2020

Very Very Creepy

After only a few levels it was pretending that you were being hacked and one of the levels said something about "special medicine." the esrb rating said something about drugs and i think that was the reference. would not recommend to anyone, got creepy after a few levels.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDawgamer05 April 9, 2020

Max Payne and John Wick had a baby.

Not violent no blood no language no sex just pure hard shooting.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2020

Suitable!

This is really good for the mind, and it’s so hard, but when you get the hand of it, it’s usually fine!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMeep123 January 10, 2020

VERY GOOD!!!

The game is very matrixy!! but I really recommend it to preteens. it tends to get pretty dark, and 5-8 year olds would probably freak out. If your preteen is mature enough. GET IT!!

Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2019

very creepy

it seems okay at the start but when you get further in the game it gets creepy. for instance there is a bit where it tells you to quit the game. if you do not quit the game after the next level you finish it makes you punch your character in the game and when you do it the screen goes blood red. kids, I know this game looks cool but trust me, it gets very scary

Teen, 13 years old Written byCr3eper October 12, 2019

The most innovative shooter i've played in years

The game is deep, but a genius premise, I think the game is slightly violent because you're shooting faceless enemies, and instead of blood they shatter as if they're glass. There is barely any dialogue other than "SUPER" and "HOT" with occasional messages on your screen, the game is really good, sometimes the game get's too deep and made me question a lot of things, in a good way.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUsernameIsName August 27, 2019

10+? really!

10 feels a little to young to be honest, the game's story is kinda disturbing later on and even I feel disturbed (although I don't handle scary things very well so it's fair game I guess) there is no blood and the game play is fun but tricky at times. Now that we have that out of the way, the game play is fun and intuitive. the story goes as follows, it's the 80's your on your computer and your friend sends you this game called "SuperHot.EXE" before you play you can goof around your 80's computer, you can play other games like treedude or view fake chat rooms. once you play the game it's simple, time only moves when you move. you shoot red people made of glass and there is no blood, later on the story gets twisted and disturbing (spoilers!) the game ends when you shoot yourself inside the videogame.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGamersnews32 June 13, 2019

It's John Wick in VR

Superhot is one very impressive VR action game. With slow motion gameplay that speeds up time as you move, this has a lot to offer. Violence is the only factor. All enemies are made from shards or glass. You can use and throw objects (such as guns, Ninja stars, bottles). This results in a part of them shattering off.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2019

Great game

This game is not violent at all its a great game 10/10

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2019

challenging puzzle shooter game

super hot is a great game and I enjoyed playing it. it is only 4 hours of playing time for 20 $ but is oddly satisfying and a play twice game.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAndrewRoss August 13, 2018

Excellent game with a interesting message

*overview
Superhot is a stylish and unique game with more than a few tricks up its sleeve, through an excellently crafted combat sytem players explore a dark plot with complex thougts and messages regarding freewill and the dangers of artificial intellegence.

*spoilers ahead*

There are a few scenes/themes that parents should be worried about so I have listed them below

-At the end of the game the protaganists mind is assimilated by the AI, with all personality traits and human qualities are stripped away until only a vacent shell remains. This is a concept that is a little to existential and frightening for children

-slowly throughout the the game its implied that the simulated crimes the protaganist commits are actually real and that he was simly a pawn in a scheme that was much bigger than he was.

Overall, Superhot is the most innovative shooter i've played in years

Teen, 14 years old Written byJBMuggleton June 13, 2018

why hasnt this been done before? amazing!

(spoilers for the storyline)
the storyline I am referring to is the one on xbox, as I under stand the game on VR has a very different story line
im very surprised that no-one has come up with idea before, great game, powerful storyline, really fun to play overall.
i would have said it should be 10+ if there was no storyline as the storyline is darkish (i dont play that much dark games) and can get you thinking and can just be out right messed up at some times.
it follows you, a person who has just pirated a game from your friend, and you play it obsessively, loose your friend and slowly realise that this is not a game, its a tool, and ends with you in game shooting your real life self and ultimately dying and submitting to the machine
but overall is an amazing game and the storyline does get you thinking alot

Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin G April 16, 2018

Very Unique!

This game is one of the most unique fps games I've seen in a long time! It seems like a normal first-person shooter at first, but there's one game-mechanic that changes everything, and that is that time only moves when you move. This means that as long as you're standing still, everything will (almost) freeze, which makes for some super fun levels! In terms of violence, the objective of each level is to kill all the enemies with either a gun, sword or sometimes even a bat, but if you actually look at the graphics, you'll see that it really isn't as bad as it sounds. Each enemy takes the shape of a human, but has almost no distinct features and is completely red. Also, when you kill an enemy, they don't simply fall to the ground like in most games, they actually shatter, giving the idea that they are made of clay, or glass. To top it all off, you actually play as a person playing a video game, so it isn't even supposed to take place in real life. With all of that considered, I think Superhot is an amazing game, perfect for ages 10 and up.
Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2018

AMAZING!

I think that this game is great for any mature 9 year old. I played it on a VR and thought it was a mind blowing experience. What parents need to know is that there are many different weapons although there is no blood. I am making this review short so you don't have to read a really long stupid review.

Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2018

AMAZING!

Teen, 13 years old Written byNerdygamer0605 March 21, 2018

Great And Strategic

Its a slow paced game, for me, it was a very dfficult experience. but I pulled through. It requires a lot, a lot of brain focus, its nothing like the violence we deal with in games today, its more of a strategy, keep trying game, it is definetly a re-play in my book, I highly suggest it