Kid reviews for Superhot

Surreal strategy, first-person shooter has mild violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWalkedRelic089 August 21, 2017

The Most Innovative Shooter I've Played In Years

SUPERHOT is an excellent game. The story is very clever and explores themes such as addiction to video-games, self-control, having independent thoughts and piracy. The gameplay is incredible. Time only moves when you do. It's so simple but brilliant I'm surprised it has not been done before. The art style is simple and slick and the sound is immensely satisfying. You can shoot, punch, and slice your enemies, although the fact that your enemies are made of red crystals makes the violence quite minimal. Overall SUPERHOT is an excellent game that should be played by all who enjoy first-person-shooters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTruman J. August 31, 2019

Superhot is innovative and a delight to play

Superhot is without a doubt the most innovative shooter I have played in years! The game itself resolves around shooting red human-shaped glass statues that try to shoot you back. The guns and weapons are not realistic at all. When you do manage to "kill" a red statue, they will shatter to pieces like glass should. The gameplay is very fun, the controls are easy to use and the gameplay style is like nothing I've seen before! The main issue in this game lies within the story. Though there is not much direct storytelling in the game, the storyline (which is told through text and reading only) could be considered scary to some children. Overall, this game is very easy to sit down and play through to relieve stress, relax, and just have fun!

Teen, 15 years old Written byXFX1270 May 11, 2018

Brutally Difficult

This game is RIDICULOUSLY difficult, but it is a blast to play. Once you get the hang of it, it is a great game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFloatingtable101 July 27, 2021

One of the most innovative shooters I've played in years

Quality game, with some suicidal themes but it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDOGEsoSWAG April 13, 2021

Frustrating, but Tame

This game really tests your patience, but also induces fast reaction time. There is violence, but it's not gory at all. The people you kill shatter like glass.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2021

Brilliant Game

Super Hot is a brilliant video game but it can be dark at times. For Example you have to kill you're self by shooting your self or jumping off a building to continue through the game.

Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2021

Superhot

I personally love the game. It has guns and does involve you shooting yourself every once and a while but I think a mature kid can handle it. It may be hard for some to use because the gun does not shoot directly where you point it. You have to have the right strategy for each level
Teen, 16 years old Written byyunggouda January 28, 2021

Great game, hard to find parts have some raunchy material

This review is from someone who has played the game fully through, and unlocked some secret dialogue. Superhot is an awesome game that is compared to The Matrix because of its cool time control mechanics. There is some violence, but enemies are basically just red mannequins that break into shards when killed. Parts of the story are kind of creepy, so I wouldn't recommend for really young kids. It is fairly easy to play, although some levels and challenges are a bit more difficult. Once you have completed the default menu of levels, you can go back in to them and find secrets. The secrets reveal more parts to the game's story. Upon finding all secrets, you get one big one that shows an online chat dialogue. Some things said are sex related, including references to breasts and at one point, a bot joins the chat and advertises an adult dating site. Other than that chat, there aren't really any sexual parts. (Also, getting to the chat part is pretty hard and younger kids most likely wouldn't find it.) Overall, 11+ seems pretty accurate.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTeren December 13, 2020

Really fun but sometimes creepy?

I played SuperHot and SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE it's really fun but it sometimes turns very creepy and uncomfortable to play (From my exprience it's uncomfortable)
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2020

I'ts not that violent

I have played it and although it has guns and "killing" human like isometric characters, it doesn't influence kids to act violent in the real life, plus it's a strategy game where you plan carefully your actions, but it's your choice after all.
Kid, 12 years old October 4, 2020

Fun imaginative bloodless first person shooter

Parents need to know that Superhot is a VR and console game about you being a person with a arsenal of weapons and limited ammo and have to kill the red diamond people but if you get shot once game over so this will cause raging. There are a few checkpoints but it will amaze you how much time this game will take to defeat it but once you do it is rewarding countless more optional levels. There is mild violence use of guns, knives, and blunt objects, but when those are gone are break you can punch them but there’s is no blood. But at some levels it can get a little scary for little kids but no scary imagery just the voices and the people may look odd cause they are diamond people but you know no scary imagery they will just look
a bit odd. Overall fun game a bit time consuming but no sexuality or language or drinking issues.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonty Fonty October 2, 2020

The Most Innovative Shooter I've Played In Years

This is brillint game. The whole "so not deep that it's deep" is great! The sole purpuse of the game is to shoot red guys, so you can espect some combat. Players fight enemys with guns, clubs, fists, and things that are lying around. Killed enemys shatter into glass and theres no blood or gore. The controls are pretty simple but the levels can get very hard. The game will incurge strategic thinking and overall it's preety great.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySocrates.mind September 5, 2020

The most innovative shooter I've played in years!

This game is really good for ages 10+, it has very easy mechanics and you always want to keep playing, go ahead and try it, then try to tell me it's not fun.

Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2020

Best hard game

SUPERHOT is more than an fps an strategy game you use weapons to kill the enemies but they are made of red glass so its not very violent no blood the game can get a little creepy some times by messages on the screen but its not too creepy l.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycouchpotatochip21 April 12, 2020

Very Very Creepy

After only a few levels it was pretending that you were being hacked and one of the levels said something about "special medicine." the esrb rating said something about drugs and i think that was the reference. would not recommend to anyone, got creepy after a few levels.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDawgamer05 April 9, 2020

Max Payne and John Wick had a baby.

Not violent no blood no language no sex just pure hard shooting.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2020

Suitable!

This is really good for the mind, and it’s so hard, but when you get the hand of it, it’s usually fine!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMeep123 January 10, 2020

VERY GOOD!!!

The game is very matrixy!! but I really recommend it to preteens. it tends to get pretty dark, and 5-8 year olds would probably freak out. If your preteen is mature enough. GET IT!!

Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2019

very creepy

it seems okay at the start but when you get further in the game it gets creepy. for instance there is a bit where it tells you to quit the game. if you do not quit the game after the next level you finish it makes you punch your character in the game and when you do it the screen goes blood red. kids, I know this game looks cool but trust me, it gets very scary

Teen, 13 years old Written byCr3eper October 12, 2019

The most innovative shooter i've played in years

The game is deep, but a genius premise, I think the game is slightly violent because you're shooting faceless enemies, and instead of blood they shatter as if they're glass. There is barely any dialogue other than "SUPER" and "HOT" with occasional messages on your screen, the game is really good, sometimes the game get's too deep and made me question a lot of things, in a good way.