All parent member reviews for 13 Going on 30

Parent of a 2, 4, 6, and 9 year old Written bymkenna6 January 2, 2009

This movie is sooo funney but not for children under10

this movie is great for kids 10 and older! Their is a part that refers to sex about playing games and the friend says he wants to paly some games so please becarfull about that remember that (GOD) is listning!
Parent of a 1 and 7 year old Written byHouse of J August 17, 2013

Great Movie!

This is an excellent movie for tweens and their parents to watch together. It's never too early to begin showing our children positive examples of romance between adults. Of course, it starts with us as parents, but it's great to have media support our ideals--the life we hope they'll live. The main characters in the movie are lifelong best friends when hormones and the coolness factor of their teens begin to impact their lives. Some movie fairy dust flashes them forward to 30-years old, where difficult adult lessons are learned. There is some cursing and some sexual innuendo, nothing that can't be quickly fast forwarded through without taking away from the overall message of the movie. My 8-year old son loved it, thought it was incredibly sweet and as he said, "loving". He loves watching Hook, and Avatar, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but there is value in having young boys also appreciate light romance. The moral of the story: 30 Going on 30 is about friendship-- the value of treating your friends like gold, of intimacy and high regard over popularity, and of cultivating a romance based upon friendship and respect for one another versus superficiality and convenience. It's about correcting mistakes and making amends with people we care about, including our parents. It's about being true to yourself and letting your light shine. It's about introspecting--thinking about who we are, who we've become, and deciding whether or not we want to continue on in the same direction. In all, if you're a parent who enjoys talking to your child about overarching themes and life lessons, then it's a movie with excellent talking points for elementary aged children and up.
Parent Written byLucinaPshegubj December 28, 2012

The Bets Movie EVER !

This movie left me in tears ! Really ! The ending is just all emotional I was crying and repeating the last minute of the movie like a thousand times ! A very positive message, I've learned A LOT from this movie ! ,, It made me open my eyes about my own life,, I went to my boyfriend and hugged him after the movie, and told him to never let me go lol !! I'm creepy ! But it's still a great movie <3
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byMariannaMom April 30, 2012

Loved It!!

I loved 13 Going on 30!!! I thought it was clever and funny. I definitely think that this movie is a must-see for 12 year old girls!!
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Lovely film, but not for anyone under 13 I think

not for kids. Some sex themes. Just because it mentions '13' going on 30. I would not let a 13 year old watch it. I saw the trailer for it when I was 13 and it shocked me. I only saw it when I was about 15. It's a touching tale, but unrealistic and I don't think it has a good moral as she is able to change her life back to before she made the wish. Instead of facing what she had done wrong.
Adult Written byshannonbrown June 25, 2009

This Movie Should Not Be PG-13!

I love this movie... its should not be PG-13... i
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Fun and original

Adult Written byhaileyclayton October 21, 2014
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymaryann April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A fun Flick

My family ust edecided n matter what you've seen you have to be 13 to se it. It should be fin for 13 years old and up.
Educator and Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byJJ Math August 4, 2016

Is it appropriate?

This is a wonderful film that tells young girls not to change who they are, but it contains some sexual content such as a man in only his underwear. This film also portrays the message of appreciating being young. I would recommend this film for girls about 13 and up for the main character is a 13-year-old . This is not a family film, bus would probably suit if you need girl sleepove this is not a family film, bus would probably suit if you beed a good movie for a teenage girls slumber party.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 22, 2015

It's a great movie but recomended for 13+

For viewers under 13 it should be watched with an adult. It has some content that's a little bit adult.
Parent Written byluizcarvalho1@g... June 21, 2015

Fun with good message

Our eleven year old girl really enjoyed. The movie is funny and offers positive messages to kids. Particularly, the main character reflects about her life and values at 30 and then decides to correct past mistakes and find a new path in life.
Parent of a 4, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byIDontLikeAnything March 25, 2015

my 10 year old daughter wants to watch.

Turn this off. Our children don't need to hear about penises.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 23, 2012

Wow.

Great movie.Not only is it hilarious,but it is also so saturated with action and romance.I recommend this movie.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 29, 2012

ok

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Sweet movie :)

Aw, this movie just touched me. Jennifer Garner does an amazing job at having 13 year old emotions in a 30 year old body. This romantic comedy is endearing a sweet. Love it. Writing this is making me want to go watch it right now!
Adult Written byliz April 9, 2008