All parent member reviews for A Beautiful Mind

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Wonderful masterpiece!

One of the best movies. Go see it!!!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySternAndFair February 24, 2014

Is this a Real Mathematic?

The man, who is a crazy person, was strucken by his ability to watch a circumstance, connect the dots and make a mathematic problem or equation for the audience. And they watch this and this, "This man, who is super smart, must be a genius." And he stands to this day? So we now know he has because the crazy person, and he lost his job and broke apart with his love of his life. The circumstance of his life is not one to show a child because what if they become inspired? This is why lunacy is such a danger.
Adult Written byMedia Wary Parents April 1, 2011
Stressful mature themes with depictions of mental illness, rude sexual language and marital sensuality. Painful depiction of delusional thought. Beautiful depiction of marital commitment.
Educator and Parent of a 1 and 2 year old Written byMommaOfTwoo March 4, 2013

A Beautiful Mind - A Beautiful Movie

This is a great movie. The marriage portrayed here is very 'real.' Marriage is all about the ups and downs, and sometime there are moments that are so painful you don't think it can survive. It does though, if the couple is determined and strong. However, be warned, there is violence, sex, and other behaviors that children certainly be exposed to.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy April 11, 2012

A Beautiful Mind Is Beautiful Just Like It's Title It's The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful Mind is Perfect. I Owned A Beautiful Mind In A Store Named Half Price Books. I Really Liked A Beautiful Mind It's Sad but Really good. I Give It 5 out of 5 stars and I RATE A Beautiful Mind AGE 14. I Love A Beautiful Mind!
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written bykvirgin July 12, 2010

thanks for the reviews below: I'll wait til my son is older for him to see this

i saw this movie when it first came out, and own it on DVD and was wondering if it would be OK for my son to see (age 11) The reviews here reminded me of the intensity of the film. Glad i watched it alone.
Adult Written bythetruthhurts February 17, 2011

PERFECT

WOW I think its one of the best movies i have ever watched. I saw the title and i thought it was going to be dumb but it really turned out great. And for all of you who think it is depressing i think that is exactly what the directer wanted to say that his life was not a cake walk but something that was hard and that no one should have to go through.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 2, 2010

A Beautiful Wife and a Beautiful Marriage

It's the marriage that wowed me in this movie. I want my kids to see marriages like that on screen. I want them to see that it can be incredibly, unfairly hard. I want them to see what commitment means. I want them to see the joy that comes from having a life-long partner through the good, the bad, and the astonishingly painful. (The real-life love story was not as good as the movie version--they divorced and maybe remarried later--so the movie idealizes this particular marriage. But the story is 'true' in the sense that marriages like this do exist, and they show what it is to love truly and faithfully.) My kids aren't old enough for this one yet, but I'll want them to see it when they are older.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Not worth an oscar

I don't see what was so great about this one. The movie is hard to watch, confusing and leaves you disappointed and depressed. Why bother?
Adult Written byDresden_Doll_101 April 9, 2008

Beautiful.

A fantastic film that every teenage prodigy needs to watch. I have never been a fan of Russel Crowe, but this film has made me change my mind. Now I like him. :] A beautiful mind, a beautiful film...