Kid reviews for A Christmas Story

Wonderful antidote to cutesy holiday tales; some swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicgirl1797 December 31, 2009

good movie, but some stuff maybe to inappropriate for younger kids

i think this movie is really hilarious, but i think that the language is too strong for elementery school kids. even though a bunch of the language was hard to make out, some words were clear to me. it also references the f words, even though it is not described.

Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2010

Great Movie For 10 and Up

This is such a great movie and for my family it is a classic. We are watching right now on Christmas. It is not ok for younger kids because they say bad words and there is the leg lamp of course.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCedricDoodlehopper December 31, 2010

Classic Christmas Film

This is a good movie. It has some bad language, although there is much more language that is implied than actually said (including the f-word, which just sounds like "fudge"). They also say a*s and b***h and a few other bad words.

Teen, 15 years old Written byFlowers4You December 10, 2015

Crazy Cool Christmas Classic

This is a very good movie. I liked it and I think your children will like it. Younger kids may not understand though—and may find it boring. Also, kids under 5 or 6 will be frightened by the fight scene at the end. What parents need to know: Cursing—3.8/5 Violence: 3.1/5 Gore: 2.0/5 Sex: 1.0/5 Drinking: 1.5/5
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2011
Obviously not my fave. Ralphie uses the F-Bomb in one part, and everyone seems to have said @$$, b----, d---, and even sh*t. There's too many bad words, and if you don't like people cussing in real life, don't see a movie that contains it either.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 December 23, 2010

Perfect for all ages, listen to a kid

This is a classic. I've been watching this with my faimily for as long as I can remember. Honestly, if your kid can't handel the language in it, how on earth are they going to survive the real world? I mean really, this movie is hilarious. The bullying, that's funny too, and I mean really: It's a good message for kids I guess, because it tells them to toughen up... Look at all the kids that are murdering themselves because someone called them a "mean name" online? This is a terrific movie for kids. And I have to ask SCHMEEGLE98, I didn't understand your comment about homeschoolers...

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

A Bit Vulgar

There is somewhat a lot of bad content in such PG movie. I think it should be PG-13 for cussing. The bad content includes some sexual themes such as the leg lamp and some violence such as Ralphie's shooting scene at the beginning of the movie. Most of the bad content can be included in a PG movie, but is still a bit vulgar.

Kid, 9 years old December 13, 2009

ok movie but way too many cusses out of a lil kid. lil kid drops the f bomb in front of dad but movie changed the word to fudge so it wasnt heard although they told you he said it. gets secret decoder pen from ovaltine and gets a message, decodes it, finds out its an advertisement and says son of a b****
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2015

Cussing Everywhere!

I loved the movie personally, but sensitive kids won't like the language or the violence and scariness. Also, the soap to the mouth, and the bullies, I don't know if immature 10 year olds will like this. Know your 10 year old well, young parent.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2015

Swears, Beat Downs, and Soap

From what I've seen (clips), they were cussing in all of them at least once. Sorry, for the language for people who want to see it. When a kid went to a pole, they were dared to put their tounge on it. "Come on smartass and do it", they were told. The B-Word was used by a kid in"Son if a B*tch!" Also, he told the dad "Oh F*ck" but it was said asFudge

Teen, 13 years old Written byone of six April 9, 2008

the best christmas movie ever

i really think this movie is a really great christmas movie. my whole family loves it and the ages range from 6 to 32. i would have to say though that if you have kids younger than 4 you should watch like frosty the snow man or a hoilday cartoon like that.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2015

A nice average story

There is some language and shouldn't be watched by young children 6-.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygcb16 November 30, 2015

Best Christmas movie EVER!

this is a movie I would recommend for all to see! From the bunny suit, triple dog dares, and the iconic leg lamp this is a great family movie to sit next to the fire drink some hot cocoa and laugh all Christmas morning to this Christmas classic. So go and watch it this Christmas, I triple dog dare ya!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byxtorix90210x November 25, 2010

A Christmas Story.

i remember watching this in 6th grade the day before Christmas Break. It's a good movie- there are some bullies and the occasional bad language, but other than that it's a great movie. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

The best!

I LOVE this! its like the best Christmas movie EVER! I watch this every year and it never gets old! there is NO innappropriate language at all. This is the best!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerismything34 January 4, 2013

Christmas Classic!

I saw this every year since, well I don't remember! I see it every year, and you still laugh! There is a little language including his friend greeting him with a "hey smart a**" a couple of times, and Ralph says the F word, but you hear it as "Oh fudge". That's not that bad! Plus everything in the movie is put as "funny", not put as something bad. The positive messages are about just family. The positive role models well, it's just a happy, funny family. I recommend watching this movie every Christmas!

Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2011

ha ha

cool like it but they say son of a b***h but who cares it's funny

Teen, 15 years old Written byCotton headed December 25, 2015

Inappropriate for young children

Bad idea to watch with young children, lots of bad language

Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2014

Suggestive Material

There is the leg lamp that in a way is almost seductive since all the men who see it like it but the women and young children don't. In one scene, Ralphie and his brother run upstairs on Christmas eve and the old man says "Let's go get them" to the mom, indicating the presents and that Santa is not real. There several hints throughout that Santa is not real but some of them will go over kid's heads.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysarah_soda July 10, 2010
It was a pretty good classic, but the reviewer on this was off, there was a little bit too much things wrong.