All teen and kid member reviews for Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 22, 2011

Unfunny, vastly overrated comedy is nothing but stupid, soulless stand up acts in motion

I'm sorry. I' really, really am. It's just that, I honestly didn't find this movie to be funny, at all. I can take stupid pointless gross-out humor like this, but to me, everything in this movie just completely fell flat. And,it's not that I hate Jim Carrey, because I don't. In fact,I really like the guy and think that he is very funny in most of his movies, and I do understand fully that this was his first big break in the movie business and that this movie is well liked and has a large comedy fan base, and has even become something of a cult classic over the years. Anyway, though, I also found that the crude and sexual humor was very strong for a PG-13 Rated movie, including a oral sex joke, a very loud and comical sex scene, a prolonged shot of Carrey's bare buttocks, some comical violence involving animals, and some strong profanity. Overall, it just was funny for me. Sorry, all.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2010

Great.

OMG it is hilarious. this is the funniest thing i have ever seen!!!!! end is a little bit inappropiate but other than that it is drop dead funny.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

OK

This movie should be rated R. It has constant sex and mild profanity. There is also some violence in a suicide and shootings. It's also not that good of a movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 14, 2013

Come at me, CSM!

I can't believe you CSM. You just gave this film 1 STINKIN' STAR. How pathetic. This movie is very exciting and it has a solid plot. Don't listen to CSM.
Teen, 16 years old Written byChristian Baughman August 25, 2010

A good family movie!!!!

What I think about the movie is. It was an other good Jim Carry movie. The movie did have some sexual stuff in it but not much as u think. The Language didn't have much in it. What it is it's a good family movie to watch together. to me I think Jim Carry is a good role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 17, 2015

Tasteless comedy has crude Jim Carrey humor

My rating:15+ Crude language
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2015

Jim Carrey's hilarious

I thought this was a hilarious funny rolling out of my seat movie even though others thought it was gross.
Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2012

Not for my boys!

Inappropriate sex scene within the first 10 minutes of the movie. There is also another sex scene (blanket covered) but still would make my 9 year old uncomfortable. Also I was uncomfortable about the characters being so grossed out because two men kissed, I think it sends a homophobic message.
Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2015

Unfunny,crass Jim Carry comedy is very racy and gross.

My rating:R for racy content throughout,and strong language.
Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2015

Unfunny,crass Jim Carry comedy is very racy and gross.

My rating:R for racy content throughout,and strong language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPeter Masonis October 27, 2013

funny, but weird

Mild Violence, no blood, sexual content, sexual talk, and language
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 1, 2013

My thoughts

I think it's funny I loved it the first time I saw it love it now
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 14, 2013

A bit stupid, but it was okay

This movie was half funny, half not funny. I found it funnier when the assailant who kidnapped the Super Bowl 17 half-time star was revealed that it was a man disguised as a woman and Ace tried to find a hint that the assailant was a male. The hint: Scrotum in the Crotch Area.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 September 17, 2013

Teen comedy is one of the best.

This film is hilarious but it has a few sex references and some language (for example b--ch and a-s).
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2012

great movie

good movie... a lot of adult content though
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

Ace Ventura Rocks!!!!!!!!!

BEST MOVIE EVER FUNNY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKonan Gauld July 1, 2016

Great movie

Humorous, although inappropriate in parts.
Teen, 17 years old Written byES9803 April 22, 2015

Very good and funny movie

This movie is hysterical! There is a somewhat decent amount of violence, but he's a detective, there has to be at least a little bit of violence. Although this movie is a little crude for younger viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieMadman July 30, 2013

Awesome Ace

Going into this movie, I was expecting a dumb film. After this, I was pleasantly surprised. It started off with an opening scene that made you go what....? Then not even 5 minutes into it it starts to pick up. There is some sex scenes in this film but if the child watches it with an adult, they will enjoy the adventures of Ace Ventura as he tracks down the person who stole the Miami Dolphins mascot. The fun really doesnt stop. I mean there is weird humor but it is funny. There is a message that is be yourself. Jim Carrey definitely being himself. Some fight scenes occur, that takes care of your violence. As I said there is some sex scenes, they are comical, not really graphic. Few swear words, nothing major. Miami Dolphins and the Super Bowl are big brand names expressed and there are some cigarettes smoked and drinks drunk. Overall a good movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2013

Ace Ventura = a bad movie

When me and my Dad were looking from the TV Guide we saw a movie called "Ace Venture: Pet Detective". Me and my dad thought it would be a good so we watched it. Well, we watched half of it (Because it was late at night, and I was getting grossed out). I thought this movie would be good because of the previous movie I watched, "Ace Ventura JR.: Pet Detective". At the beginning, I saw a guy kicking around a box that said fragile. He went to the customer's house and starting petting the guy's dog. They started cursing, they was a guy smashing someone else's car, sexual references, etc. Me and my dad started watching American Pickers after that. I recommend this for 14 and older.