Parent reviews for Addams Family Values

Witty '90s sequel has lots of innuendo, violent scenes.

Adult Written byMovieandshowrates October 19, 2020

9 and up!

This has a bit of violence but it is good for 9 and up. It is not exposing.

Parent of a 5 and 7-year-old Written byDale Dietrich November 2, 2019

Kind of boring - tame enough for 5 year old - NO 'SEX SCENE'

Despite other parent's reviews, we watched this with our 5 year old girl and 7 year old boy. It was Halloween and we had watched the original the week before.

Us adults found it rather boring. My 7 year old boy liked it. My 5 year old girl was bored. Yes, they actually talk about sex for 1 minute at one part. Another parent here said they were uncomfortable during the 'sex scene'. There was no 'sex scene'. There was discussion of the possibility of sex in a rather opaque manner that the kids didn't understand. To say this was a 'sex scene' is a huge exaggeration. The implication was off camera the mean nanny was stimulating Fester with her hands - for a total of about 5 seconds before the scene cut away. There was no nudity of any kind. It was all left up to our adult imaginations. And it went completely unnoticed by ourkids.

Wednesday tells another girl that their parents had a baby by having sex (in response to the girl's stork story). One girl in the summer camp swore (I think it was 'damn' or something relatively tame).

Because we read the reviews here we were ready to have the 'sex' discussion if it came up. It didn't. Went over both kids heads. They've heard far worse swearing on other shows.

My only real concern while watching was that they understood that it was all 'pretend'. That Wednesday and Pugsly weren't REALLY trying to kill their baby brother. That it was all pretend/acting for Halloween scary fun movie. I mentioned this so often during the movie that I started to annoy my kids with them responding, 'dad we know, we know'.

So, if your kids are even moderately exposed to the real world then I say 5 and up is fine. Much prefer The Great Pumpkin for a Halloween movie but the kids had seen it so many times they are bored of it.
Adult Written byAidan S. August 7, 2015
Some mild sexual references and violence
Adult Written byAllAges November 13, 2020

Mean Spirited Comedy

Some funny bits, but the dark humor goes too far.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written bykennedy1984 November 5, 2020
Adult Written byWendy J. August 26, 2017

Not what I expected

Well right off the bat there is a reference to sex and how babies are made so definitely do not allow children under 14 to watch! The violence was worse than I expected with showing siblings intending to behead their baby sibling! I do not recommend this movie in general.