A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the movie's violence. What is the appeal of watching this kind of violence? Is there anything that you can't bear to watch? Why is that?
What is the appeal of horror movies involving teens? How are they different from movies about families or grown-ups? Who is the audience for movies like this?
- Is Mandy Lane a good role model? Is she an admirable character because she refrains from teen sex, drinking, and smoking? Do you know anyone like her?
- In theaters: October 11, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: December 3, 2013
- Cast: Amber Heard, Anson Mount, Whitney Able
- Director: Jonathan Levine
- Studio: Radius TWC
- Genre: Horror
- Run time: 91 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: strong disturbing violence, pervasive drug and alcohol use, sexuality/nudity and language - all involving teens
- Last updated: September 20, 2019
Our editors recommend
For kids who love scary stuff
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch