Kid reviews for All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Mediocre at Best

I watched this movie on Netflix thinking it was going to be an astonishing movie that critic's for some reason shit upon. Oh, boy was I wrong. The film had minimal good things about it. The acting was astoundingly average, and the plot sounds better then it actually is. The main lead was very hot, and it was a good cast. Emmet seemed like a genuine person and somebody who would be a brave, pure character fighting back against an unknown killer. But they decided to make him a lustful jack-ass who's killing people because of Mandy Lane. And they did not specify why he had to kill people. And after all of the sh*t movie they decided to make it, so Mandy Lane and Emmet were working together, therefore there was no Final Girl. I get it, they are trying to be unique and astound everybody, but it just doesn't fit in. They were going to f*ck or something, possibly make out I am not sure. And then take suicide pills which was utterly ridiculous. It's not like you're going to heaven. Mandy Lane then thinks *Oh, I'll just pretend to be a Final Girl and save that other dude Garth.* So she decides to run away from Emmet and falls into a pit of mud. At this point I was perplexed, when the hell did they arrange this to happen? So Emmet dives in there trying to abuse Mandy sexually, and they're all filled with mud. I respect the actors to be able to do this as I am very grossed out by dirt and other messy substances. Mandy kills Emmet and goes to wake up Garth, blah blah blah. And that's the end of the movie. As for the age review; There was one scene of oral sex shown from a distance, but no penis or skin is shown, neither any nudity. The oral sex is very brief and unnecessary. There are crude remarks such as "Go suck off that horse." which is used during a game of "R Rated" Truth or Dare. The violence in the movie is nothing a mature ten-year-old couldn't suck up. In one moment a teenage girl takes off her bra showing a man who is out of the house(She has the curtain open.) Breasts are shown, and it lasts about twenty-something seconds. There are countless amounts of alcohol and drugs. One girl scoffs up a bunch of powder which has drugs in it. And they drink countless amounts of beer and champagne. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOU WANT A GOOD WATCH!

A great, slasher horror!

All the boys love Mandy Lane is a great horror film for those 15 and above, it is full of twists, suspense and brilliant acting. I would give it the 15+ because of three things: 1) Frequent bad language, 2) Detailed gore and blood, 3) Nudity and strong sexual acts. It also includes hugely strong drug and alcohol use throughout the film, though personally, I don't feel they are as bigger deal. However I believe it is suitable for those over 15 if they are mature, despite the 18 rating. The film itself is truly great and I would definitely recommend watching it!

Ok for teenagers, but not all.

Avoid only if your kid is over impressionable and keen on emulating what he sees in a movie. Not scary or traumatizing for teenagers.

Moviegoer14: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

Familiar. But one of the cleverest movies of the year. Entertaining and darkly funny. Catchy. Shocking. Terrifying.