Kid reviews for American Assassin

Poorly written, violent thriller about cold-blooded revenge.

Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2020

Good movie

I watched this movie with my uncle and it was amazing. I watched about half because it was 10 but it was good. Some bad stuff but a mature 10 yr old should be able to handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byUsed_tissue62 December 30, 2017

American Assassin is not as bad as they say it is!

Ok, to start this review off, I am a teen who can handle violence. If you can not handle very much violence, then don’t even bother going to see this movie. Now on to the review. Violence: 4.5/5. The violence is very intence all during this movie. For example, a man gets his fingernails brutally peeled off by a surgical tool. There is lots of shooting, stabbing, and terrorism (the center of this movie). Language: 3.5/5. If you don’t want your kids to hear f-bombs, then don’t even consider reading the rest of this review. There are about 10 F-bombs and motherf—er. There is also words like a—hole, hell, d-mn, and 1 p—sy. Sex/nudity:4/5. Ugggh! This is so horrible. They had 1 scene where a woman was doing her makeup (a non important character) and we all get to see a plain view of her boobs. Why?! It was like a 2 second shot that was so unneeded. There are also a few kisses. Drugs/smoking: 1/5. Stab Hurley briefly smokes, but that is about all. I think that Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’brien) set a great role model although............ CAUTION SPOILERS!!! MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!! The only thing that set him apart from his positive role model was that he never actually followed orders, he completed the mission no matter what. For example, he helped a woman who was working for the terrorists to get information out of her when he was told not to. Overall, a great movie with very positive messages. GO SEE IT!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoshisthebest345 October 6, 2017

Best movie I've seen in 2017!

This is a great movie. As I was watching it, I was very surprised by all the brutal violence, language, and the scene with a topless woman. It was graphic, as well as the violence.
This movie is great, but I personally don't think kids under 17 should see this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHTMark September 24, 2017

Awesome Movie!!!!!

American Assassin is now one of my favorite movies ever. Dylan O'Brien is amazing in the part of Mitch Rapp. I am a Maze Runner fan so of course I was excited to see Dylan O'Brien. However anyone would think that he was great in this part.

I loved this movie because of the action, suspense and great characters. The story of Mitch Rapp becoming a CIA assassin is very uplifting and satisfying. People who think this is a story of cold blooded revenge are flat out wrong. It is a story of an American whose fiancé is killed by terrorists. He then goes on to become a CIA superagent who kills terrorists and other bad people. Really bad people who are threats to America as a country and American citizens. That ain't cold blooded, OK? This movie is just not the usual left leaning stuff coming out of Hollywood, so people will say anything to show it in a bad light. Just an amazing movie with a great plot and awesome characters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoshyJosh4527 September 17, 2017

Great movie for adults, not kids.

This is the best movie I've seen so far this year. But it is brutally violent. The beach scene is scary, horrifying, bloody and graphic. There is a scene with a naked woman which is not a scene that children under the age of 18, in my opinion.
So, in my best judgement, I don't think anyone under 18 should be watching this film.