A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the movie's comical violence. What makes violence on screen funny, as opposed to thrilling or disturbing? Do you think comical violence ever goes too far?
- How do you react to the movie's scenes of racial stereotyping? Were they offensive or funny? Who is the target of this humor?
- What does the movie have to say about the state of TV news? Does it approve or disapprove? How has the situation changed since the 1980s?
- In theaters: December 20, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: April 1, 2014
- Cast: David Koechner, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, Will Ferrell
- Director: Adam McKay
- Studio: Paramount Pictures
- Genre: Comedy
- Run time: 119 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: crude and sexual content, drug use, language and comic violence
- Last updated: September 20, 2019
For kids who love comedy
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch