All parent member reviews for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Parent Written byMother Of 3 Lovelife December 26, 2013

Very Funnny

This is an amazing follow up to the hilarious 2004 comedy. However, this movie is not for kids. There is some intense language, two uses of f**k, a couple uses of b****h, one use of a**, several uses of h*** and d**m, and a couple uses of s**t. The sex is not too bad, just a couple of lewd references, that will surley make your teens laugh, and some suggestive sex scenes. But, the content is not too extreme, and teens about the age of 12 and up will be able to handle it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytinacarlon January 2, 2014

Yuk! Will Ferrell, why?!?!

Don't do it! our family are huge Will Ferrell fans, and thought the original Anchorman was funny, despite some sexual innuendo. But this one was not only not funny, but the amount of stupid and crude sexual innuendo was over the top. My 12 year old has seen Austin Powers and other PG-13 comedies - but we all agreed this one could have used a higher rating.
Parent Written byLSU Mom January 13, 2014

Funny enough to merit a matinee or a rental, but nowhere near the original

If you have seen the first Anchorman, there is no more violence in II than was in the first (both include comical fight scenes). Product placement/consumerism is likewise similar. In keeping with Ron Burgandy's gradual emergence into "forward thinking" society, he now makes the leap from reluctant acceptance of women as professional peers to a black woman as a boss (and more). This is the predominant sexual situation, and it is (as usual) at Ron's comical expense. The language in this movie is as conspicuously overdone/pushing the envelope for a PG-13, as usual these days. This is funny, but in my opinion not nearly as much so as the original. Still loved it, though.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 18, 2015

Anchorman 2 review...

I personally liked this film. on the other hand, Parents need to know that this is an adult film.. And most of the content is questionable for Younger adults. I noticed in this film that the F-word was used at least three times.. (“One of the F-words was mumbled .”) I would also want to be aware that it also contains drug and sexual material.. Otherwise, great for older teenagers..