All parent member reviews for Barney: Celebrating Around the World

Parent of a 10, 11, 12, 14, and 16 year old Written byCrawfo540 July 1, 2009

Not actually good

People are always talking about Barney being educational. The problem is, Barney is only hiding the actual truth. What I think is, that, if you want to educate your kids, send them to school! How would you like it if your favorite television show was just a montage of a random drugged-up lizard spouting random facts that could be taught faster by using Wikipedia? I showed my kids stuff like Barney and TeleTubbies when they were young, and also sent them to preschool. Not only was preschool easier than renting a new video every week, but it got them happier, healthier, and smarter. Besides, if you were going to make an educational movie, why not make it GOOD???
Parent of a 1, 4, 7, 11, 16, and 24 year old Written bypopcornpop1997 March 13, 2009

EXTREMELY RACIST and DISGUSTING!

This is the most racist children's movie I have ever watched. Barney takes a trip around the world with YOUR innocent child, teaching him/her all about the different cultures. But it is not that innocent. When they arrive in Africa, he says, quote: "LETS SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE OUR @#$#@%$ %^$^$%#^%#% LIKE A @#!$% AFRICAN" unquote. It was absolutely DISGUSTING!!! do not let your child watch this under any circumstances.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byyourmomlol May 16, 2010

so good

ohh rub me the other way