Kid reviews for Barton Fink

Bizarre Hollywood dream factory. Teens only.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

A very dark, strange, and great movie

"Barton Fink" is definitely one of the Coen brothers better films. It was interesting, dark, and had a very weird twist at the end. John Tuturo did very well as the half crazy writer, Barton Fink. John Goodman also did very well as the man living next door. A great element in this movie was also the setting. Barton stays in a very ominous, strange hotel, that offers a complimentary shoe shining service. The only person that appears to be working in the hotel is a man named Chet, who is played by Steve Buscemi. The only thing that might keep you from letting your kids see it, is the one murder scene, which is very bloody. Also the movie can be disturbing, and maybe a little confusing for younger kids. A great movie, definitely see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleahxo June 29, 2011

One Of My Favourites.

Amazing film, surprising twist for sure. I was not aware that things would change so quickly. I thought it was going to be another fluffball Hollywood film. Boy was I wrong. It is not good for youth audiences, or anything under due to how deep it really was. It's hard to handle.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

Fascinating and strange. OK for teens.

Surreal, creepy, funny, and deeply interesting. Very enjoyable and unique - there is some violence and creepiness, though, so this is definitely not for kids.