Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Before I Fall

Mix of iffy behavior, strong messages in well-acted YA tale.

Parent Written byTeresa K. March 4, 2017

Not for tweens!

The trailer for this movie looks like a cross between Mean Girls and Groundhog Day. Since it's rated PG-13 I thought I'd be ok bringing two thirteen year olds to it. It is not a young teen movie! To be fair we only watched the first 15 minutes because I made the girls leave the movie but in that time the little mean girl group discussed sex, condoms, drunkenness on top of the obligatory name calling of the "different" kid and spent a fair amount of time getting a friend ready to lose her virginity! Even if it turns out happy in the end and they make different choices blah blah blah I would never recommend this movie for anyone under 15 or 16.

Parent Written byMike V. March 4, 2017

Actions have consequences

I think people Need to use much better judgement on what they do and say .....!!!!

Adult Written byMoe D. May 28, 2017

Awesomeness

Loved the movie. It isn't without its faults, but the plot along with the superb acting, and moral of the story tied it all together. All the Best.
Adult Written byJeff S. September 10, 2017
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byLua K. March 4, 2018
Some violence.

Parent of a 9 and 15 year old Written byMeowstiic T. November 7, 2017

Mature but Important

This movie is very important because of its great messages about suicide. Even with some of the (very) mature content, the messages in this movie are super amazing. It is very sad and intense, so make sure you know your kid. Mentions of sex are included. Barely consumerism of any kind, mostly because if I asked anyone about this movie they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Parent Written byChris T November 7, 2017

Adult Written bythemovieslover May 17, 2018

Not exactly for the younger generation but overall masterpiece

Before I Fall is a great movie. It is very inspiring and emotional. I have never seen a movie with such a satisfyingly emotional ending. I promise if you watch this movie, you will have tears. Now, for a family movie Before I Fall isn't the best way to go. There is an intense bullying scene with lots of language. Sexual innuendo is referenced, and even a reference to blowing. Younger children might be scared; suicide is attempted and portrayed, as well as death. F-bomb is dropped. Okay 15 and up.

Adult Written bydvdgirl June 28, 2018

really deep.

but a good movie. makes you wonder if the girls weren't mean then wouldn't they not relive the same day? although only one character is feeling it.

Adult Written bypattyvonpire August 23, 2018

Twilight was better

Teen girls acting bad and needy. Horrible acting from every female. This movie normalized sex and naughty behavior like it was okay for 16 year old girls to do sexual things. I dont understand how the main character was popular or labelled "beautiful" She was a a plain jane and not even a looker.