Kid reviews for Before I Fall

Mix of iffy behavior, strong messages in well-acted YA tale.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysydney.reid March 5, 2017

Shocked

I was excited to see this movie, i thought it would be really interesting to hear about a different movie story that is not common. The start of the movie was weird it was just talking about tomorrow, the future, and yesterday and how much time you have left. There was lots of talking about sex and giving Sam (main character) condoms. There was swearing but not mild swearing. It felt as if every sentence said b****h or s**t. There is a scene where they are bullying a girl and telling her she is pyscho and belongs in a ward. In the middle you would suspect Sam would make a good choice but she then wore a really inappropriate outfit and was being very rude to her friends dropping the f-bomb. The movie got so inappropriate I had to leave. My values don't stand for that and personally the movie i thought should be rated R. Please don't take your teens to see this movie.

Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2017

Amazing !!!

I have never read the book, but I thought that the movie was amazing,it had some very important messages in it. Parents should know that there is some language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBLUE8893 March 5, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written byThegirl28 March 26, 2017

Best

This is the best

Teen, 14 years old Written byEvelyn Sattre March 25, 2017

Parents: Read the Bloody Book

First of all, yes this movie is a bloody teen movie, so that there will be sexual references, drinking,, etc. Think about that before you make the decision to take younger kids. Teenagers, not just boys by what you're conditioned to think, talk and so have sex. (I mean what do you expect in an overly sexualised society??) Anyway, yes there is bloody sex, because it is a /teen/ movie. If you want to know exactly what's in store, read the book or check it out. It follows it pretty clearly like the movie. The bullying is very realistic to what you see in today's schools. (Blink and you'll miss it parents, smell the roses.) Dont critique something so hardly, especially on sex, like you most likely had to at some point (unless you're in the asexual spectrum). Basically, read the book and use your head of you want too see this movie. Know what you can tolerate and what you can't. Don't blame a movie for making you realise how messed up a society we have and what we force teenagers to conform to, and if you can't even accept it through a /movie/, well I don't know what to tell you.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2018

Good movie-Not as good as the book

Having read the book a couple of times, I wasn't as captivated by the movie as I maybe should have been. I mean, it was very well acted and everything, I just think the book had a certain charm the got me hooked that the movie did not quite capture. One scene did make me cry (on the 7th day when Sam was hugging her little sister goodbye) though I'm always crying during sad movies. I really do think it was very well done, it just wasn't as good as the book.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFlowerPower25 May 26, 2017
The movie taught me to appreciate life. It taught me that we should appreciate everyone and that we should try to be your best self. However, what parents need to know if that there is talking about swearing and s**. There is bullying involved to the point that one girl believe there is something wrong with her. This movie shows an accurate representation of what some schools are really like. (People being mean and people being mistreated/bullied).

Teen, 13 years old Written byLexyandra October 16, 2017

Before I fall

It was a really good movie with grate actors(especially kian lawley). The ending was amazing and surprising.

Teen, 14 years old Written byunicornsarenoice January 6, 2018

Great

I actually really like this film. The idea is great, kind of like that film Groundhog day but well... different. A real teen thriller drama type film. It does contain a lot of drinking, sex related talk and quite dark scenes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTornadosplash44 May 16, 2017

Excellent teen movie filled with suspense, drama, and strong messages!

This was a great movie due to the strong messages it promoted! Zoey Deutch did a great job with her role, and the plot had some twists to it as well! However there is some language heard in the film involving one use of f**k, plus uses of s**t, bitch, and more. The film also has lots of underage drinking where teens are shown drinking and drunk at a party, plus it's implied one teen drinks so much he throws up. the film also does contain some sexuality too. This involves lots of crude sex talk about losing virginity, plus a brief sexual scene. Violence wise, there is lots of bullying shown in the film where a high school misfit is called names and has drinks thrown on her at a party, plus there is car crash shown several times, plus a suicide, and a dead body with some blood. Overall this is an excellent film that is great for teens 14 and up!

Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2017

Before I Fall - Review

I have not read the book, but I do like this film. The acting is fine, but the standout is the story, in which we see all different sides to a character as she desperately struggles to live her life again. Not only that, but Zoey whatshername is really attractive, and makes this film worth it. As For Families POSTIVE MESSAGES: They have a message to not bully someone here. SEX: Characters are briefly seen having sex undress, but not fully nude; the Main Character is constantly given a condom; one of her friends pull up her shirt every day, though no nudity is shown; characters kiss. VIOLENCE - Every Day, A Car Crashes; There's Deep Messaging About Suicide ( Talk to your kids about these topics ) PROFANITY: 1 Clear Use of F-ck, Several Uses of Sh-t, -ss, B-tch. DRUGS: Teens are constantly drinking beer. ROLE MODELS: Be sure to discuss with your child the serious topics this film handles.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDjzeynepelo July 5, 2017
Teen, 14 years old Written byrevella June 19, 2017

A really good movie

this film is a good story very sad and can get confusing at times , I think this story shows u a meaning I do not recommend it to small children teenagers are the suitable age for this movie, grate actors and very emotional at times.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHbvhh June 30, 2017

Fantasic

It follows up with suicide and preventing it and I think it's just a good lesson for kids over 14

Teen, 16 years old Written byarianagrande June 24, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written bykim impossible May 25, 2018

Unexpected

This movie was unexpected with a plot twist, a modern Mean Girls and a Regina George inspired character, Lindsay.The ending was shocking at first but the messages were good and everything was great about this movie I enjoyed it, but contains swearing and sexual stuff just like any teen movie, it's not the first nor the last one to contain those two

Teen, 13 years old Written bylion66 February 26, 2018

OK

I saw this movie, and I was really surprised after the movie was finished. There was a lot of sex talk, swearing, and bullying. The one thing that I DID like was that Sam saved Juliet from being hit by the truck. That must have been a very hard decision to make. But, there is a lot of inappropriate stuff.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoshua1120 February 3, 2018

Everyone is Fighting a Battle

Before I Fall is an incredible movie that tells the story of Samantha Kingston, a snooty and snobbish senior in high school. Samantha has a perfect life with perfect friends and a perfect boyfriend. She has a wonderful relationship with her friends, and while they can sometimes be rude to others, they have a loving and strong relationship with each other, a type of connection that is very personal and almost like a family unit. While at a party, Samantha and her friends are visited by Juliet, the designated "weird girl" at school. She calls all of them a b***h before storming off. Upon leaving the party, the four friends get in a car accident and Samantha passes, waking up to find that she is repeating the exact same day. After reliving the same day constantly, Sam learns how awful she is and how rude she and her friends are to others. She realizes that she has lost one of her best friends, that her boyfriend is a jerk, and that Juliet needs her help. In the end, Sam stops Juliet from committing suicide and she passes away. Sam learns that living in the moment is important and that you are not the only one fighting a battle, EVERYONE is hurting, and we need to all help one another. While Before I Fall has a wonderful message of treating everyone with kindness and living your life to the fullest, expect language, lots of underage drinking, and a make-out scene and sex scene. Before I Fall is an exceptional film that warms the heart of anyone who reads it, and teaches a wonderful message. While not being as good as the book it is based on, it is still a work of art. Samantha has incredible character development and grows into a kind and strong person, putting others before herself.