Kid reviews for Bend It Like Beckham

Superb tale of a girl's struggle for her dreams.

Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2020

Good movie

This movie is about a young Indian woman who loves playing soccer. She qualifies for a women's soccer team but her parents don't want her to play. She meets someone whose name is Jules and becomes friends with her. Jules also plays soccer. They have conflicts because they both like their coach. Bend it like Beckham takes place in present time in England. My favorite character was Jules's mom. I liked her because she was funny. I liked this movie because it isn't real but there are real struggles. One thing that could improve this move is if all of the acting was good and if the scenes didn't jump around so much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhaventgotausern... July 1, 2020

Bend it like Beckham

It is a really good movie with good messages. I recommend it for all tweens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byphatphuck June 23, 2020

Pretty good could have been great:)

The writers originally wanted the two main girls to be in a relationship but thought that would be to taboo, the problem is there is so little lesbian representation so I don’t see how that is taboo. It had lots of potential and has well developed female characters and I think it could have been so much more.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySBTechh June 22, 2020

10/10 yes very good.

was good movie. very good. professionalism. snazzy. joe doesnt know how to clap, i think he is part seal.

Kid, 10 years old December 22, 2019

My favourite film!

This film might seem low quality, but it's fantastic! Some swearing, and references to sexuality and sexual behaviour, but it's the greatest film ever! The story is that this girl Jess, she's from a religion and nationality that never lets girls play sport and there are lots of rules, but she never gives up on her dream. It's great!

Teen, 14 years old Written byjsdbdkassdfj November 21, 2019

Alright

to traditional

Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2019

Awesome female leads, lame love stories overshadowing the better plot

We liked the movie, but there was too much romance. It should NOT have ended with a kiss. We liked the strong female characters. The romance with the coach was 1) Unnecessary 2) GROSS and 3) GROSER!!!!!!! and compromised just how strong and awesome the girls were.

Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written byjphelps1 June 18, 2019

bend it like beckham

Teen, 14 years old Written byalia77733 May 24, 2019

Amazing!!

This movie has a lot of positive messages and I highly recommend seeing it. There are a couple of brief sex scenes and you do see people in bras.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmC23 September 24, 2017

Great movie

This is an excellent movie with great role models. I would not recommend it for kids under 13 as there is a lot of swearing and humour is not recommended for younger kids as they may not understand some of the terms such as ‘lesbian’ and certain themes. Overall, the movie is great and shows some great role models for girls and provides a nice overall message.

Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2016

Good movie!

Teaches kids to follow their dreams.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAngelastyles July 18, 2015

Good but could be better

I personally like the thought of the movie. This is true we Indian girls have our life and we can see any dream we want. This movie was good but not so good, I mean it won't be time waste to watch that movie but the acting of the main character and the two mothers character were too much for me, this was over acting for me. I feel Gracie movie is better than it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPop_Philosophy June 19, 2015

Perfection

As a kid not many movies spoke seriously on topics such as tradition and homosexuality. This was the first movie I ever saw that took the relationships of the characters and didn't make it heteronormative. The sexuality of the characters was never immediately assumed to be straight and the stereotypes that define lesbian characters were not present. The take on family bonds and society's stance on women and there place was also interesting. Any child old enough to understand and grasp basic concepts should be free to watch this movie.

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

Too overrated

Sex- 2 (Mild Sexual References)
Language-2 (Mild Coarse Language)

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2013

Risk it Like Beckham

This movie has a wonderful message about following your dreams, but it has drinking, smoking, language, and some risque romantic scenes.

Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2013

the best

i think its a good film that children from 10 could watch and well little parts of it children might get a bit ovewhelmed but in my oppion its the best film

Teen, 16 years old Written byRocknrollwriter4 June 1, 2012

Very good movie for the family! :)

I enjoyed watching the movie very much. I felt it was a great story rich in positive social values, like the importance of family, taking a stand for yourself, understanding other cultures, and the obstacles of love. The acting was fantastic as well. A good movie all around, entertainment (with a good message) for the whole family!

Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmreviewer3 February 12, 2012

Fine

First time I watched it I thought it was brilliant but when I watch it again it is boring in parts and does not pull me in. Not inappropriate or anything though, so fine for kids 11 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMissAmi December 29, 2011

Amazing movie for all the family!

tells a very possitive message!!!
great for all ages!!!
amazing fun!!!
Great cast!!!!
Recommend this movie for everyone!!!