Parent reviews for Casino

Violent story of vice and virtue not for kids.

Adult Written bySoccermum12 February 12, 2020

Not as bad as people say

After weeks of begging I allowed my 13 year old son to watch this movie but he had to watch it with me. The reviews on this site are often over the top and exaggerated, and this is one of those times. After watching the film I can say that it is not as bad as people say, yes there is violence but it is not very realistic. This is a classic and is often overlooked and I actually think that everyone should watch it. Casino reminded me of the thrill I had when I watched goodfellas, another great film.

Adult Written bycinephile-27690 May 14, 2019

Profane but engaging.

Very good movie that sucks you in for 3 hours but it gets very violent(ie a man has his head squished in a vice in an interrogation and some men are beat w/ baseball bats and buried alive). Also, when this released in 1995 it broke the record for the most uses of f**k(422 apparently), and it gets ridiculous. Good movie, just the excessive language is uncalled for. I saw it when I was 16 and recommend it for that age.

Adult Written byWriver July 10, 2018

The legendary movie: worth watching!

Hello, as an editor and publisher for https://writeanypapers.com/ i want to add my 5 cents:

1. This is one of the movies that everyone should watch at least once in their life.
2. I think due to scenes of violence and overall thematic it is only viable for people who have reached an age of 16+. But here's the deal, in order to understand the movie, the message behind it, you might need some more life experience or have an ability to see the unseen. Specifically for me, i watched it at the age of 15 and i didn't really like it or get it. Now that I'm 26, i consider it as one of my favorites!

Adult Written byJeff A. April 23, 2018

One Of Scorsese's Best!

Casino is an amazing epic mobster film directed by the one and only Martin Scorsese. Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone and Joe Pesci pull off outstanding performances. While this is a great, entertaining and truly thrilling film, it is 100% not for kids. This film contains many prolonged brutal scenes of torture, lots of drug use, and LOTS of foul language. In fact, this film at one time broke a world record for most uses of the F-word in a movie. Also, violence in movies usually doesn't freak me out, however the violence in this film is extremely realistic, there is one scene towards the end that had me partially covering my eyes while watching. In my opinion, this film should have gotten an NC-17 rating. However, if you are 18 or older I highly recommend Casino, it's an excellent film and and a great way to spend three hours.

Adult Written byWilliam P. May 13, 2017

It is a good movie . But it is very graphic and mature .

If you have this movie and if your kid wants to see it, don't let him or her watch it . The movie has graphic violence and graphic language. And other stuff. I suggest let your child watch when he or she turns 18 , or wait until comes on Tv.

Adult Written byJoe J. March 9, 2017

Overlooked Scorsese masterpiece. Close with GoodFellas. Best directing in a Scorsese film.

Adult Written bykipwalker44 November 3, 2014

Riveting, effective mob tale is extremely violent and absolutely NOT for kids

Well-acted, plot that keeps you riveted from start to finish, interesting character study, great direction, I feel this movie is even more effective than "The Godfather." However, due to extreme violence, excessive swearing, drug use, and its moral ambiguity, 'Casino' is absolutely NOT for kids of any age.

Adult Written byDuncanDerund May 27, 2014

Profanity

Top 10 Most Profane Movies. EXTREMELY CRUDE

Adult Written byrsf2view December 22, 2012

Really good movie for those 18+!

This is my most favorite movie! It's a really good one, but it's not appropriate for kids, because there's a whole lot of violence and an extremely excessive amount of swearing. Nobody should see this movie until they are at least 18.

Adult Written bygrapelover46 September 13, 2012

This is another gang related movie starring Robert De Niro that is pretty iffy.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 12, 2012

Marty just never dissapoints

just as great as goodfellas
Adult Written byJayGatsby October 27, 2011

Caricature of the American Gangster: So rich but so unhappy

I'm a huge fan of Martin Scorsese and I've already seen many of his violent, profanity riddled movies, so the content in this movie didn't really come off as any surprise. I will say that although the language was incredibly pervasive, it was also realistic considering the main characters, the setting, and the tone of the movie. Gangsters spouting f-words come off as more realistic and less offensive than kids and teens saying them in most of today's raunchy teen comedies. This remains one of the best gangster films ever made, bolstering powerful performances from Joe Pesci and Sharon Stone. It's a sad movie about sad people. Gangsters might be some of the richest people in business, but they are also some of the most dysfunctional, and Scorses asks of us, is it all worth it? Most of us would say not. Gangsters will keep making money, but you can't buy happiness with all the money in the world. Scorsese knows that, and that's what he portrays brilliantly in his gangster films.

Adult Written byreser2 August 18, 2011

Casino movie review

This is a movie that is not for kids. It has scenes of brutal violence, torture, sex and a lot of foul language throughout. It is appropriate for people who are 18 or older.

Adult Written byseefoodlover April 20, 2011

LOVE IT

Well first off, a factual error on the part of CSM, they claim that Pulp Fiction has the highest number of "F-Bombs" in a movie, when in fact, "Casino" holds a Guiness World Record for the most swearing in a film ever! The word "F*ck" is said 422 times, which averages to about 2.4 times per minute (IMDB). Btw, the "F" word is said 422 times, not counting, "Sh*t, C**t, Ass**le, Jerk***, n****r, co**su*ker," you get the idea... Aside from that, I love this movie. I suppose it doesn't offer much as far as lessons go, other than it is an excellent story about what Las Vegas used to be, and the lifestyles the big shots could afford. You as the parent are the ultimate judge of what you deem appropriate and inappropriate. This movie is not senseless at all, it has a wonderful story and a Scorsese masterpiece.

Adult Written byuytt2 December 17, 2009

one of the best

good film god preformances some graphic shootout graphic torture lots of swearing, sex evrything a good mob movie needs