Parent reviews for Casino

Casino Poster Image

Not as bad as people say

After weeks of begging I allowed my 13 year old son to watch this movie but he had to watch it with me. The reviews on this site are often over the top and exaggerated, and this is one of those times. After watching the film I can say that it is not as bad as people say, yes there is violence but it is not very realistic. This is a classic and is often overlooked and I actually think that everyone should watch it. Casino reminded me of the thrill I had when I watched goodfellas, another great film.

Profane but engaging.

Very good movie that sucks you in for 3 hours but it gets very violent(ie a man has his head squished in a vice in an interrogation and some men are beat w/ baseball bats and buried alive). Also, when this released in 1995 it broke the record for the most uses of f**k(422 apparently), and it gets ridiculous. Good movie, just the excessive language is uncalled for. I saw it when I was 16 and recommend it for that age.

The legendary movie: worth watching!

Hello, as an editor and publisher for https://writeanypapers.com/ i want to add my 5 cents: 1. This is one of the movies that everyone should watch at least once in their life. 2. I think due to scenes of violence and overall thematic it is only viable for people who have reached an age of 16+. But here's the deal, in order to understand the movie, the message behind it, you might need some more life experience or have an ability to see the unseen. Specifically for me, i watched it at the age of 15 and i didn't really like it or get it. Now that I'm 26, i consider it as one of my favorites!

One Of Scorsese's Best!

Casino is an amazing epic mobster film directed by the one and only Martin Scorsese. Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone and Joe Pesci pull off outstanding performances. While this is a great, entertaining and truly thrilling film, it is 100% not for kids. This film contains many prolonged brutal scenes of torture, lots of drug use, and LOTS of foul language. In fact, this film at one time broke a world record for most uses of the F-word in a movie. Also, violence in movies usually doesn't freak me out, however the violence in this film is extremely realistic, there is one scene towards the end that had me partially covering my eyes while watching. In my opinion, this film should have gotten an NC-17 rating. However, if you are 18 or older I highly recommend Casino, it's an excellent film and and a great way to spend three hours.

It is a good movie . But it is very graphic and mature .

If you have this movie and if your kid wants to see it, don't let him or her watch it . The movie has graphic violence and graphic language. And other stuff. I suggest let your child watch when he or she turns 18 , or wait until comes on Tv.

Overlooked Scorsese masterpiece. Close with GoodFellas. Best directing in a Scorsese film.

Riveting, effective mob tale is extremely violent and absolutely NOT for kids

Well-acted, plot that keeps you riveted from start to finish, interesting character study, great direction, I feel this movie is even more effective than "The Godfather." However, due to extreme violence, excessive swearing, drug use, and its moral ambiguity, 'Casino' is absolutely NOT for kids of any age.