Kid reviews for Casino

Violent story of vice and virtue not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDa Review Man July 28, 2020

Mob film Masterpiece, not for younger kids

I don't think you need to really be 18 like common sense says, but it is a pretty heavy movie with some heavy scenes in it. First thing you need to know, is it is a mob movie, so there are multiple scenes where people die onscreen, to gunshots, stabbings, and at the end one of the main characters and his brother are clubbed to death onscreen with a baseball bat (very bloody). There are also a few scenes with one character where he has sex with another man's wife, and puts her head down at his genitals for oral sex in a separate scene. There's tons of swearing, f--k, bitch, s--t, ass, and more, and it's fairly constant throughout the movie. There are also scenes where characters do drugs onscreen, and there's a character who abuses her daughter while on the influence, and she and her husband get into some really nasty fights and scenes in the movie. It is a masterpiece, however. Just better for kids closer to 14.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCinemaking June 28, 2020

Scorsese's may the best

It's masterpiece and for me kid in age of 11 can watch it with parent because it's show why you shouldn't gamble and why you shoudn't drink. It's great but it has couple sex scenes. If you wanna watch this with your kid who is 11 or older, go ahead!

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 2, 2020

I loved it

I think its a movie for kids 12 and up

Teen, 14 years old Written byimryantran May 7, 2020

Violent and very mature content is too much for kids.

This film is good, but certainly not superior to Goodfellas. There is many scenes in this three-hour, and also slow depending on how you view the film. I would prefer watching Goodfellas before you watch this one. Furthermore, this film is slightly more violent and explicit than the aforementioned title. Thank goodness it isn't as violent or sexual as Clockwork Orange.

Teen, 13 years old Written byblake the boyyy March 25, 2020

16 years old should wath the movie drinking and smoking in near very sence but robert deniro and Joe pesci are very much explicit and many people do not like that but for me i found it funny

Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2019

lots of use of the f word

422 f wurds

Written byAnonymous November 9, 2018

One of Scorsese's Best, but Only for Older Teens

This movie is a spectacular story of excess and ambition, but it's extremely violent and has A LOT of language. There's also drug content and some sexual content, which means as fantastic as it is, it's not appropriate for most kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovie Nerd 45 May 5, 2018

Great Scorsese classic, too violent for most kids

Although I did not find it anywhere as near as good as Goodfellas, Casino is a terrifically made movie. The plot is intense, the acting is great and the cinematography is beautifully done. However, this movie is pretty much as graphic as Goodfellas, it contains multiple shootings, stabbings and torture scenes. In the most graphic of which two men are bludgeoned with metal baseball bats, one of them dies and the other is left barely alive as he is buried. This movie also like Goodfellas is well-known to have a huge number of f-bombs, drugs like cocaine are also repeatedly used. Overall, I do not recommend this movie to people under 16 unless they are very mature.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKennethhhhhh April 15, 2017

Review of the film Casino

I personally really enjoyed it, I am not sure about other 13 year olds but I have a very particular eye about film. I really though De Niro's performance was outstanding, I've seen so many films featuring him and each of his characters are different and he portrays them so well. Being a girl, many people think I'll only like chic flics, but they are so wrong, any ways as well as that one of my favorite directors is Martin Scorsese along side with Quentin Tarantino but I fairly enjoyed this film and recommend it to any child who enjoys and respects film as I do. Great movie, I hope you enjoy it
Teen, 17 years old Written byHALO13 July 7, 2014

Classic Gangster Story, Of A Handicaper Turned Insane!

Casino has a very good plot and is based on a book, But this story is very violent, vulgar and sexual. The Violence is very Graphic and realistic! As it ranges from shooting multiple people to graphic torture including a vice to crush a person's head and two people being beaten by baseball bats to a bloody pulp and buried alive. As well as non stop swearing at the time this film came out it held the record of the most f bombs in a major motion picture, at 428 times, sexual content is not as bad, but Casino is better for a very mature audience!

Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 16, 2014

Quite a good movie, highly ride however

Has a lot of everything this movie does, quite good though, I still wish movies like this didn't have to have so much swearing and drugs and sexuality in them, oh well, I will say this, show movies like this at earliest age recommended because they will get used to watching movies like this, it won't make them want to kill people, it will just make them not as scared with things, for example one of my friends is 16 and he only gets to watch things like transformers at the most, but if this happens to kids they get scared of things much more, once this person jumped in the air and then cried, had to go home and then have nightmares just because someone clapped in front of his face, it was a jump scare, but also if this happens people at school can start bullying you, it happened to me when I was 12, also if you don't watch as many movies or anything you don't have as many things to talk about to people. Sorry for the long review.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMob Man 12 August 10, 2013

Martin Scorsese classic

Despite being the most violent gangster movie it is still a masterpiece it has amazing performances by Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro it's definitely not for kids with brutal realistic violence and top 5 amounts of f words in a movie ever (400s) to go with lots of other language and heavy drug use and sex including a hooker
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Bloody but excellent Scorsese mafia film is vulgar and racy

I'm Jewish and got mildly offended by this film for some anti-Semitic slurs but overall this movie was great but 400 f words lots of coke snorting and torture and violence including a man getting shot with a cattle gun and including some sexuality/nudity not for under 18
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

18 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byjames.bulfinch June 19, 2013

Incredible Mafia Movie is Amazingly Graphic and Profane

Casino is one of my favorite movies, but it is also the most inappropriate movies I have ever seen. Violence includes: a man is stabbed repeatedly with a pen, a bloody pen is seen afterwards. A man;s hand is smashed with a hammer, a very bloody and bruised man (For two days and two f***in' nights,
we beat the s**t out of this guy. I mean, we even stuck ice-picks in his balls.) is dragged into a warehouse and his head is put in a vice. He is squeezed until his eyeball popped out. Several men are beaten and two men are beaten with baseball bats and then buried alive. On top of all that, men smoke in a almost every scene of the movie and there are 422 us of f**k. This is perhaps one of the most inappropriate movie of all time that is actually respected.

Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2012

World Recourd Swearing

f is used over 422 times and to prove it, it is in the guinness world records books

Teen, 15 years old Written bylenzbenz20 July 6, 2011

Really, CSM?

Sure, younger kids probably shouldn't see this. But I saw it when I was thirteen. I love it. What I'm most appalled about, COMMON SENSE MEDIA, Is that you said Scorsese directed Scarface. That is absolutely not true, Brian DePalma did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 August 18, 2010

i think kids and teens might think this is boring

alot better than i expected i dont really think this is a true story

Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

14 year olds

I probably wouldn't let anyone under 13 watch this why would they want to though ? Along with being very violent and lots of profanity it is also a long, boring and rubbish film !!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy October 20, 2009

Awesome movie! But way too brutal...

One of the best Gangster movies of all time! However it is not for kids, The F-Word is used nonstop throughout, Constant beatings, torture, child abuse, murders, some of the main characters are coke addicts, onscreen oral sex, people beg for mercy shortly before being beaten to death with a baseball bat (onscreen). etc... etc...