What parents need to know
Parents need to know that Creed II is the sequel to Creed, itself a continuation of the Rocky saga. Light heavyweight champion Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan) continues to train with his father's opponent-turned-mentor, Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone). But when a new challenger, Viktor Drago (Florian Munteanu), son of boxing champion Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren), arrives on the scene, Adonis must decide whether to chase his father's legacy or sit back and stay with his young family. Rocky fans will likely be interested in the next chapter of this rebooted saga, which is sure to have plenty of boxing-related violence. You can also expect some language and sexuality, although it will likely be appropriate for teens and up.
- In theaters: November 21, 2018
- Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Tessa Thompson
- Director: Steven Caple Jr.
- Studios: Annapurna Pictures, MGM
- Genre: Drama
- Topics: Sports and Martial Arts
- Run time: 130 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- MPAA explanation: sports action violence, language, and a scene of sensuality
For kids who love sports movies
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.