Kid reviews for Downton Abbey

Gorgeous drama will thrill longtime fans of the show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfinnieboop December 28, 2019

Honestly

Honestly one of the best movies I've seen. Beautiful graphics, long-term fans will love it, and I really did! And also, please, two men kissing is no more inappropriate than a man and a woman kissing. It's totally normalized with kids now and I think that it's fantastic that the LGBTQ+ community is being supported by Downton Abbey! I really appreciate it as a queer teen myself and love to see positive representation in my favorite series. It was altogether a fantastic movie, I'd highly recommend it to anyone 12 or older, just because kids under might get bored.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPrimroseEverdeen October 5, 2019

Good movie, but a bit confusing.

It seemed like a good movie but it was so confusing. I hadn't seen anything but a trailer of this show/movie before seeing this movie in the theaters which probably is why it was so confusing. I think long time fans/fans will love it but you should probably watch the show before watching the movie. The one sexy part was when Someone goes into a gay bar type place which was illegal back then, and it shows two guys kissing, and then some married couples kiss. There is close to no action, and a little bit of drinking/smoking. Besides these things I rated it 12+ because kids under that age will probably not like it as much as older people because kids might get bored. Would recommend to long time fans and older kids/adults.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBookworm15 September 21, 2019
This movie was very funny and enjoyable. I do have to say that the show is better. The highlight of the film though was Molesley. He was just hilarious. Thomas Barrow was also a beloved character of mine

Teen, 13 years old Written byRyan4321 August 3, 2020

Little kids would be bored

It’s not that it’s inappropriate but more that little kids would be bored
Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 9, 2020

Haven’t watched the show

Haven’t watched the show and I will probably not watch it ever but good movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byMar mbl June 8, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byIgnoramus_reviews March 2, 2020

In depth drama about cleaning a big house

My mom and grandma are big time fans of the show, but we could all agree this movie was incredibly dull. The majority of the film is just a bunch of characters cleaning a fancy house and talking. One of the most boring films I've seen to this day.
Teen, 13 years old Written byliz.sharpie February 14, 2020

Good movie overall

This was a relatively good movie for people who have at least a basic understanding of the show. The age recommendation on this review is because kids younger than 10 just wouldn't really be able to grasp what happens or be able to follow all the plot lines. The way the movie is shot, the scenery, the sets, the costumes, and most everything about it is beautiful. Even though there are some reviews that gripe about a "passionate same-sex kiss," in reality the aforementioned kiss is no more passionate than one of the multiple heterosexual kisses and shouldn't be treated as any more inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfinnieboop December 28, 2019

Honestly

Teen, 15 years old Written byMargo_V October 13, 2019

14 and up

You kind of have to have watched the show before watching the movie, and the show Downton Abbey I would say definitely 14 and up. The movie itself wasn't very exciting. It would match a regular episodes. The Christmas Specials are definitely way better and more drama. The movie was funny, though. I wish the Dowager would have died, though. It probably would have spiced up the movie more.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2019

Elaborate costumes and positive messages

I think this movie was well thought out and adding in some LGBT pride was a nice thing . Mosley was so funny and so was Miss Potsmore she was kind of silly police DO burst into a gay club in rage. Dunno why people are so grossed by same-sex relations. I 100% think this was a great movie!