Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Dude

Coming-of-age dramedy: teens drink, take drugs, have sex.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byKrosser July 28, 2018

It promotes silencing rape victims

There’s a scene which the lead character gets raped. Even though it is not violent, it was left unaddressed even though the character clearly was experiencing trauma after. The lead character dismissed it when asked to talk about it, and it was left without anyone outwardly addressing it as a rape.
Adult Written byelizab3th December 22, 2018

What were they thinking??

I’m not one to review movies frequently, wether they’re good or bad, but this movie was particularly bad. Not only did it normalize the use of pot (including in a school environment), along with taking pills, but there was also a scene where one of the girls clearly got raped and then brushed it off and never really mentioned it again. It seems to send out quite a few wrong ideas, especially for tweens and teens who happen to stumble upon it on netflix. Other than that, it was just a bland and unfunny movie. Definitely not worth watching, in my opinion.

Adult Written byAlisa_33 December 29, 2018

Pretty good actually

I think this movie is pretty good, very interesting too, I know one of the characters gets raped but most younger audiences don’t understand what happened. There is some nudity though (boobs) but other than that it’s pretty good!

Adult Written byIldu H. February 12, 2019