Kid reviews for Father of the Bride

Father of the Bride Poster Image

Sex: 3/10 - Violence 1/10 - Language 1/10 - Drinking 1/10

Another great movie for everybody! It had some mild things in it, but nothing that older kids and tweens cannot see. The sex was very mild; there were o actual sex scenes, just a few sexual lines and some kissing. *The worst and most intense part is when Steve accidentally tells his daughter to fasten her condom, meaning to say seatbelt. *In one scene, Brian and Annie kiss with passion for about ten seconds, but this is all that happens. This scene is played for laughs. *There is some mind kissing between Brian and Annie at the wedding and some kissing between Steve and Diane. *There is a scene where Brian gives Annie a blender as a wedding gift. Annie over reacts and thinks that it mean something sexual, but this is not what it means. -- There is not really any violence in this film. The absolute worst thing that happens is in a scene where two dogs growl and chase Steve into a pool, but they do not harm him or bite him. -- There is some mild language, but no sh*ts or b*tches. Very clean even for a PG rated movie. There are some moments when people say "Oh my God" and they yell at each other, but no actual swears. -- The drinking in this film is very mild. *A man takes his son in law out to a bar just to talk with him. *People drink alchohal in a few scenes. (NOTE: all the drinking in this film is done in a friendly way)

1 person found this helpful.
Goofy but also heartfelt Steve Martin comedy.

The Father of the Bride

The Father of the Bride is a super sweet, goofy rom-com of Annie Banks and Brian Mackenzie getting married and planning the wedding with Annie's parents (Steve Martin plays her father, George Banks.) There is some sexual reference. One of the characters places his hand on Annie's knee/thigh, (this is heavily emphasized) and they kiss several times. The parents of the couple kiss on a bed and discuss "all the times they did it" at her parents' house. Lastly, there is a humorous reference about "putting the condom on," which went over my head completely the first time I watched it but after recently watching it I caught many more of the references. Overall, it's a great, sweet movie about weddings, marriage, and falling in love.

LOVED!

I really loved this movie! There are a few sexual comments, but I think most of them will fly over kids' heads, so just be aware of that

Hilarious Steve Martin Movie!

Father of the Bride, follows the story of Annie Banks, and her wedding planning. George Banks, (Steve Martin) who is the father, is trying to get his head around his daughter getting married. This movie is really funny and cute. There is a little sex innuendo, but it will go over your kid's heads. I think I watched this movie for the first time when I was like 6. I never got the innuendo until I watched it again when I was like 12... My point is, more than likely young kids will not understand. All in all, this movie is super hilarious. I recommend it to all tweens 9 or 10+.

Sentimental

this was a very sentimental movie.

i loved it vary funny

a funny story with a bit of snooping.

Five star movie, one star common sense media

Great movie but commonsense doesn’t cover all of the sexy scenes... There is a scene where the husband touches Annie’s leg which bothers Mr Banks. Also, there is one make out scene between Annie and her husband after (spoiler) they cancel the wedding then agree it’s back on... so yeah

Only 2 bad scenes

Steve Martin's acting makes this worthwhile. However, this should be for older kids, because of some of the stereotypes and overarching materialism. Pros: HILARIOUS, and it gives a good insight to how dads feel when their little girl gets married. Cons: an gay stereotype that seems to mock people like that. Also, there is a lot of materialism; it's all about the wedding. There is also 2 instances of sexual references, but they are short and not super inappropriate; most likely they'll go right your kids heads.

GREAT movie! So sweet, funny, and light hearted!!

This is an AMAZING movie! it is so sweet, hilarious, and so light hearted. It truly is one of my favorite movies and makes me so happy to watch it. The only thing to note about this movie is one scene where george says to his daughter and fiancé for them to “fasten their condom” but he means to say seatbelt. A kid that’s in the younger part of this age group will probably look over it and not understand it anyway. And as for the older portion who does understand it, it’s a funny line and meant to only be THAT. As for language there’s not much or none really that’s present. There are a few innuendos but nothing serious, there are all funny and lighthearted. There is some kissing but that’s it. Brian and annie passionately kiss in one scene but it’s intended to be a happy scene and also funny because of George’s reaction. Annie and brian kiss in multiple scenes but it’s not inappropriate AT ALL! Same for George and nina but it’s all sweet and in beautiful romantic and lighthearted scenes. There is one scene where George takes Brian to a bar but it is all very friendly and no one gets drunk. They are seen having a friendly conversation and one drink. There is some drinking at the wedding but no one gets drunk and it is NOTHING to worry about!! SUCH a great movie for a time when you need a lighthearted and funny movie! i absolutely LOVE this movie! give it a try!