Parent reviews for Friends with Benefits

Friends with Benefits Poster Image

Good

Just like no strings attached I’ll have to watch it more.

Great Movie! For Mature Audiences

I’ve always loved this one! One night, my 7 year old was put with his grandparents, so I decided to have a little adult movie might with my husband and 15 and 12 year olds. I was a bit uncomfortable in a few parts(mainly in the first half), but I genuinely didn’t care. It is a funny movie! My 12 year old is a lot more mature, so I trusted her with this. And it was great! He second half only has one sex scene, and it’s not really graphic. I recommend this one for MATURE teens! Overall though, great movie!

Bad language and too much sex obscures heartwarming romcom

I am conflicted about this movie. This movie deserves its R rating for the frequent bad language (esp. the F word) and the constant portrayal of extramarital sex (though there is no total frontal nudity). Nevertheless, it is a heartwarming movie about young adult professionals Dylan (Justin Timberlake) and Jamie (Mila Kunis) who reject the emotional distortions of the cliché romcom culture and find true love when they discover that casual sex between "platonic" friends (the "benefits" of the movie) is not possible. Both main characters are refreshingly honest and good at heart. It is impossible not to empathize with them as it becomes ever clearer that their oath to have sex with each other only for the physical pleasure and never to use emotional blackmail on each other is a delusion. By the end of the movie they realize that the thing they have been grasping for is true love and that, in hindsight, they had already found it in each other. What the discerning viewer (not, apparently, the makers of the movie) realize is that the sex was completely unnecessary: both characters have so much in common, enjoy so many things together, and connect so well emotionally that the portrayal of the bedroom scenes quickly become grating. The chemistry between Timberlake and Kunis is palpable. One of the real strengths of the movie is that, despite the hypersexualized portrayal, both characters come across as real people. Dylan has a strong and compassionate relationship with his father, who is suffering from early-onset Alzheimer's. Despite the endless scenes of indecency, you cannot help but see that these are, at core, thoroughly decent people. Moreover, at the end of the movie, Dylan arrives at the insight that all people are damaged in some way, a faint echo of the Biblical concept of original sin, a realization that puts both characters on an even footing and provides a foundation for a more honest relationship between them. This movie is definitely for adults or perhaps emotionally very mature 16+. Timberlake and Kunis give perhaps their best, or at least, their most charming performances. The screenplay is convincing, the directing is very good, the editing is fantastic, the pacing is perfect. If the language had been left out and the bedroom scenes had been seriously toned down, I might have given this movie 4 or even 5 stars. Despite it all, I have soft spot for this movie and just wonder what might have been if this movie had been produced by a team that had less of a potty mouth and a mind in the bedroom.

Depends

I think this movie is funny and this is where you'll get all the references to "friends with benefits" teens and young adults. However, for children/teens I think what age is" ok" to watch this depends on how they perceive this kind of talk, like knowing it's stupid to be friends with someone just for sex. If they know it is not ok to do that then yes it is fine.

not for kids

Know your child

Does your child laugh every time someone kisses on TV? Not the best movie for them, then. But is your child mature enough to know that swearing is wrong, and to wait until you're married to have sex? If so, then this movie might be OK. You just need to know your child. My 15 year old daughter loves this movie, but if my 15 year old son wanted to watch it, I'd be a little hesitant because he is still immature. Just know your child.

Not as bad as the title makes it sound

This is a great movie and I found it humorous and just all around entertaining. The plot really isn't as bad as it's made out to be. There is no nudity and that's why I think that you should approach with caution but let your kids watch this if they know about sex. I told my kids about sex when they were ten years old; therefore I would let a 10 year-old watch it.

I really enjoyed the film although certainly not for young teens

Both main characters are good people who are genuinely best friends. Kunis and Timberlake have excellent chemistry and are hilarious as a duo. Great lines for both of them- great writing. Even the deadbeat mom loves her daughter, and the daughter forgives her. The mom isn't a great parent though (suggests doing drug as bonding and references casual sex as a lifestyle) The second half as Common Sense says does talk about staying true to yourself, loving yourself, letting yourself be loved, taking care of those you care about, and standing by family. Great messages there and it ends happy. There is a lot of sex- discussion about oral sex, oral sex that while not seen outright is seen under a blanket, moans, discussions about orgasms as well as characters reactions to doing so, naked backsides by both characters, casual sex in multiple places. I didn't think it was overdone personally; both characters are funny and have great lines even during the sex. Hilarious film, genuinely l laughed aloud. The characters are genuine and believable. Drinking/partying is displayed by adults. Swearing is common- main characters swear often. Romantic Comedies are trashed often. Honestly, friends with benefits is an issue for teens these days; I'd let most teens see it, its an issue they are familiar with. While the main characters are adults and perhaps more mature about the situation, would be enjoyable for teens and impart some positive messages towards the end.

Friends With Benefits Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends With Benefits is a Just fine movie. I Really Like this movie But it's Really Sexual Though. But it's also very funny and Im going to definately own Friends With Benefits. I Give It 3 out of 5 stars and I RATE Friends With Benefits a PAUSE: AGE:16. Friends With Benefits Rocks!!!!

Eric Paul-Paradise dreaming ,quand Dylan s'installe ,je l'écoute en boucle.

Je pense que si les parents trouvent que c'est inapproprié par rapport aux enfants(ce qui est le cas)c'est à eux de prendre leur responsabilités car ceci n'est en aucun cas un film pour enfant et le réalisateur aurait du avertir.Ensuite comme je l'ai dit c'est aux parents de jouer leur rôle.Laissons les enfants à leur disney channel.Ensuite j'ai bien aimé le film mais sauf qu'on nous l'a déjà fait souvenez-vous avec le séduisant Ashton Kutcher et Nathalie Portman et c'était un peu plus soft(et c'est tant mieux)Quand à Mila et Justin qui confirme leur talent,je ne les ais jamais vu aussi fun et sexy.Ensuite les pubs alala encore et encore mais ce n'est pas une nouvelle mode,et puis si ça fait de l'argent fastoch (et en plus)pourquoi pas, surtout que c'est réussie;j'ai craké pour le jolie téléphone violet et ultra design de Jamie, mais trop de pub tue la pub=)