All parent member reviews for Friends with Benefits

Parent Written byNikeswoosh99 December 28, 2012

Not as bad as the title makes it sound

This is a great movie and I found it humorous and just all around entertaining. The plot really isn't as bad as it's made out to be. There is no nudity and that's why I think that you should approach with caution but let your kids watch this if they know about sex. I told my kids about sex when they were ten years old; therefore I would let a 10 year-old watch it.
Parent Written bymoviecritic101 January 14, 2012

BAD.

This movie was NOT for kids. there is WAY to much sex in it. literally every other scene is sex. Hollywood needs to stop making films where all they do is try and promote teenage sex. it is not appropriate and it's getting old.
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 December 28, 2011

good

good movie and sexual talk but the math in sexual behavior is very educational
Parent of a 5, 7, 7, 15, and 15 year old Written bySpaceboy123 June 21, 2013

Know your child

Does your child laugh every time someone kisses on TV? Not the best movie for them, then. But is your child mature enough to know that swearing is wrong, and to wait until you're married to have sex? If so, then this movie might be OK. You just need to know your child. My 15 year old daughter loves this movie, but if my 15 year old son wanted to watch it, I'd be a little hesitant because he is still immature. Just know your child.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 6, 2011

16 and up.

Friends with Benefits is an average movie about adult friends who make their relationship sexual with no commitments and all though this movie does work like a charm this movie has a lot of sexual content that maybe too much for your young kids this movie is better fit for your older teens and parents you need to know that Friends with Benefits has a lot of sex, sex talk, and some partial nudity shown there's also some constant strong language used and some social drinking used despite the sexual content in this movie the movie does have a positive message it's about that true love wins out, and that's always heartwarming and uplifting the role model is that Jamie's mother isn't always mindful of her daughter's needs, but there's no malice, and Jamie is forgiving to her and Dylan, though pained by his father's Alzheimer's, is kind and solicitous.
Parent Written byjohnnylover July 29, 2011

Friends with Benefits not beneficial for kids of any age.

Very sexual. NOT AT ALL FOR KIDS.
Adult Written bytruuuuth December 31, 2015

Depends

I think this movie is funny and this is where you'll get all the references to "friends with benefits" teens and young adults. However, for children/teens I think what age is" ok" to watch this depends on how they perceive this kind of talk, like knowing it's stupid to be friends with someone just for sex. If they know it is not ok to do that then yes it is fine.
Educator Written bySunny Stark November 9, 2013

not for kids

Adult Written byfreehope. March 21, 2012

I really enjoyed the film although certainly not for young teens

Both main characters are good people who are genuinely best friends. Kunis and Timberlake have excellent chemistry and are hilarious as a duo. Great lines for both of them- great writing. Even the deadbeat mom loves her daughter, and the daughter forgives her. The mom isn't a great parent though (suggests doing drug as bonding and references casual sex as a lifestyle) The second half as Common Sense says does talk about staying true to yourself, loving yourself, letting yourself be loved, taking care of those you care about, and standing by family. Great messages there and it ends happy. There is a lot of sex- discussion about oral sex, oral sex that while not seen outright is seen under a blanket, moans, discussions about orgasms as well as characters reactions to doing so, naked backsides by both characters, casual sex in multiple places. I didn't think it was overdone personally; both characters are funny and have great lines even during the sex. Hilarious film, genuinely l laughed aloud. The characters are genuine and believable. Drinking/partying is displayed by adults. Swearing is common- main characters swear often. Romantic Comedies are trashed often. Honestly, friends with benefits is an issue for teens these days; I'd let most teens see it, its an issue they are familiar with. While the main characters are adults and perhaps more mature about the situation, would be enjoyable for teens and impart some positive messages towards the end.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy February 22, 2012

Friends With Benefits Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends With Benefits is a Just fine movie. I Really Like this movie But it's Really Sexual Though. But it's also very funny and Im going to definately own Friends With Benefits. I Give It 3 out of 5 stars and I RATE Friends With Benefits a PAUSE: AGE:16. Friends With Benefits Rocks!!!!
Adult Written byLetty E. February 10, 2012

Eric Paul-Paradise dreaming ,quand Dylan s'installe ,je l'écoute en boucle.

Je pense que si les parents trouvent que c'est inapproprié par rapport aux enfants(ce qui est le cas)c'est à eux de prendre leur responsabilités car ceci n'est en aucun cas un film pour enfant et le réalisateur aurait du avertir.Ensuite comme je l'ai dit c'est aux parents de jouer leur rôle.Laissons les enfants à leur disney channel.Ensuite j'ai bien aimé le film mais sauf qu'on nous l'a déjà fait souvenez-vous avec le séduisant Ashton Kutcher et Nathalie Portman et c'était un peu plus soft(et c'est tant mieux)Quand à Mila et Justin qui confirme leur talent,je ne les ais jamais vu aussi fun et sexy.Ensuite les pubs alala encore et encore mais ce n'est pas une nouvelle mode,et puis si ça fait de l'argent fastoch (et en plus)pourquoi pas, surtout que c'est réussie;j'ai craké pour le jolie téléphone violet et ultra design de Jamie, mais trop de pub tue la pub=)
Parent Written bymediasavvy August 10, 2011

enough already, hollywood

When will enough be enough?
Parent Written bycindyo August 7, 2011

Horrible movie - avoid like the plague!

I'm 48 and walked out of the movie 45 minutes into it running because of the raunchiness and constant gay sex comments. I was VERY disappointed.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ July 22, 2011