Kid reviews for Friends with Benefits

Friends with Benefits Poster Image

Surprisingly good comedy offers a fresh alternative to the rom-com genre

I went into this movie expecting it to be very cliche, formulaic and just average. Luckily, the film far surpassed my expectations and I was pleasantly surprised with how smart and nice this movie is. After watching rom-coms a lot, you feel like you already know what to expect before you even start the film. This is why I enjoyed this movie so much because it captivated me straight away from the brilliant and cunning opening sequence. I also liked the fact that it kind of took the piss out of other cliche rom-coms, which I thought was very clever. The other good thing about this was that it made the character feel more individual and real to me, as what they did in the movie was quite original when compared to other rom-coms. This then made them more 3-Dimensional, which overall made the experience a lot more individual. Next, I can admit that I am a fan of quite absurd humour, so I also liked Woody Harrelson as a gay character, as what he said was often funny. The last thing I really liked about the film was that although it had an inevitable fallout between the two main characters (as it is still a rom-com after all), it happened late in the film, which gave me a lot of time to fall in love with the character and actually feel for them as they broke up. This was another factor that makes this rom-com stand out from others. Now that I'm done with my movie review, I'll now move on to my content review. For content I would give the movie: 8/10 Sex - Fairly graphic sex scenes including thrusting, moaning, oral sex and regular intercourse. The main characters also openly discuss which acts they like and make comments on each other's bodies. 7/10 Nudity - The side of a woman's breast can be seen very briefly. Besides this, you see topless female nudity very briefly when a woman is mixing food ingredients with her breasts, and when women enter a photoshoot, however, they quickly cover themselves up with sporting equipment. 0/10 Violence - The worst it gets to are some verbal threatens, shoving and characters jumping off of the Hollywood sign. 7.5/10 Language - Around 25-30 f-words, sexual references, crude language and other milder profanities are spoken throughout the film. 3/10 Themes - Some sexual themes, but it's a rom-com so it's mostly upbeat and joyful. A man is suffering from dementia which is taking its toll on his family. 3/10 Drugs - Characters socially drink at a bar. Overall, a very fresh take on rom-coms which offers a delightful alternative to the regular cliches. I would certainly recommend this, but only if you are 14 years old or over as it does contain sex and some nudity.

I enjoyed this movie

Very funny and both lead characters have great chemistry,but probably watch it with parents if you are older

Friends with benefits

I thought this movie was a good rom com but the ending was unrealistic. I recommend this movie.

Warning: Dont watch this with your parents!

I started watching this movie with my parents, BIG MISTAKE! There is alot of sex, as well as oral and gay. There is also quite a bit of swearing, f**k, s**t, d**k, ect. There is drinking at parties. Overall, it is a great movie for older teens and adults to enjoy! :-) :-)

Ok for ages 17 and up

Friends with benefits

Good movie very funny but 14+ in my opinion rated R in us and 15 in uk but 14 in my opinion

Crude but sweet romcom with sex and language.

This is a very funny movie but has a lot of mature themes that are suitable for older teens. The movie contains over 20 uses of "f--k," many of them in a crude sexual tense. There are two strong scenes of sex. There are also strong verbal sex references to "fingering," and "trawling for cock,"but played for laughs. Watch it and see for yourself, it's good.

R for sexuality and language

18+

Too much sex!!

One of my favourite romantic comedy's

This is definitely a good movie no doubt. Whether it's good for your child is a difficult decision. It's not that bad but it is bad enough. I recommend if your child is under 14 then don't leave them watch this.