Kid reviews for Galaxy Quest

Galaxy Quest Poster Image

Hilarious, fast, funny, fresh fun for the family.

1 person found this helpful.

A Pretty Good Parody

I thought this movie was pretty funny. The characters were fun and the story was adventure exciting. I also like how it made fun of Star Trek (Even though I've seen so little of the TV and I've seen one of the old movies, I still thought it was funny). It swore a couple times, but nothing extreme. The sexiness isn't anything that can't be handled by tweens. The violence isn't that bad either. In other, fun for the family.

HORRIBLE

This is absolutely the worst movie I have ever seen. My dad made me watch it, saying it was amazing and guess how it turned out? Awful. If you own the DVD, you might as well just burn it.

By Grabthar's hammar.... this is a great movie

Oh my gosh, this is an amazing movie. It has an amazing cast (Sigourney Weaver, Tim Allen, ALAN RICKMAN, to name a few) and is so so funny! It's way better that Star Trek, which is parodies. There is some language and, like, two kisses, and some sci-fi violence, but other than that it's perfect for kids.

HILARIOUS!!!!!

I love the Galaxy Quest and I was shocked by the review that Common Sense Media gave it. Cursing involves d**m and s**t, quite often. Also Sigourney Weaver's character wears revealing cloths and mentions her boobs... There are a couple really passionate kisses. The violence happens throughout the movie but it is pretty mild. I think that lots of younger kids could watch. Its pretty much just a comedy! Throughout the film, the characters work together, solve problems and use their heads.

Awesome but Intense

This is within my top 3 favorite movies of all time. It's funny, witty and exciting. There are some seriously likeable characters and some good messages about determination (Never give up, never surrender!) and teamwork. It's full of suspense, but also a lot of humor as this is basically a parody. There isn't too much bad content. There is quite a lot of violent content, such as torture and a scene where some small grey aliens kill and eat an injured one of their own. But if you can handle Star Trek, I highly recommend this to any thrill seekers, comedy fans or sci-fi geeks!

Hilarious fantasy quest

Great Movie for families

Galaxy Quest is a great movie for families to sit down and watch together. There is a lot of humor and a lot of action. The movie may seem to start a little slow for some people but once it gets going it's a really good movie. There are a few bad words but god d**n is as bad as it gets.

Ok, good if you watch Star Trek

The movie is ok, it's not that good in my opinion but it is good if you watch a lot of Star Trek because it kind of makes fun of star trek. There isn't too much violence but there is a few scary moments.

Love it!!!

I love the 1999 film Galaxy Quest. It is so awesome. I love the humor. When I saw it in theaters back in 1999, I was laughing NON-STOP. I'm not joking. I recommend this film to any sci-fi fan. P.S. I'm a sci-fi fan!