Kid reviews for Grease

Musical phenomenon is still great fun but quite racy.

Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Grease: Cool Classic?

The T-Birds smoke and drink, but they also refer to girls as useful for only the purpose of having sex. This greatly bothers me. I am a girl, and girls are a lot more useful than that. We've helped the planet, invented important things (Madame Marie Curie even discovered two elements, and Mary Annings discovered the sharklike Ichthyosaur!). We've made lasting impacts on the science, art, sports, and literature worlds. Girls are people you should respects as much as yourselves, boys.
The Pink Ladies is a clique who makes fun of Sandy, who did nothing wrong. Riz, the lead girl, mocks Sandy's wise choices not to do drugs or have sex before marriage. I felt uncomfortable watching this movie and although the songs may be cute and catchy, this movie is sexist and promotes inappropriate things.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 17, 2010

A ridiculously good time

I'll be frank about not liking musicals, but this has got to be one of the greatestr I've ever seen! It never takes itself that seriously, more of a satire of a musical really. It's a must-see movie for the whole fam.

Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2020

A Classic But not for certain ages

I'm a actual movie critic and at that time in the 70s and the 80s some movies that are pg 13 today were g and pg in the 80s and 70s.The song greased lighting by john Travolta is totally not for childern. Also some scenes are not even for teens either. So in conclusion pls just skip some parts if you gonna let your child watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytjd2025 March 23, 2021

Grease

This movie follows two high schoolers who fall in and out of love and takes place in the 60's. It has lots of fun songs and the costumes are just fantastic. There is a lot of nicotine use and some mature content but this movie is a must watch for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat June 7, 2020

Greasy.

So, I’m watching this right now. My mom wanted me to watch this with her. It is on the CBS Sunday Night Movies Series. It has the actual lyrics to the songs on the screen. It is VERY ANNOYING! This movie is ‘greasy’
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Maybe the greatest musical of all time.

Sexual Content- 6/10
Language- 6/10
Drinking, drugs, smoking- 6.5/10
Overall Quality- 10/10

Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 30, 2009

Classic movie rated before "PG-13", keep that in mind.

No doubt about it. "Grease" is a classic. Just a classic that should be showed to people 13 and up.
Lots of talk about sex between the T-Pig- I mean the T-birds sadly portray gangs in High School accurately.

Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2021

They weren't kissing?!

My sister, who was about 13 at the time, loved it. We were doing laundry and she put it on. Then... the NOT KISSING scene happened. When that scene came, she turned it off and we turned on Full House. 8 year old me said, "Why did you turn off Grease because two guys were kissing?" And she said, "That's not why I turned it off..." That confused me. I heard about the lyrics to :Greased lightnin" And I was shocked (Me now, not younger me). "The girls'll cream for Greased lightnin"?! DISGUSTING! And in the drive in scene, there is fondling breasts, and even having (bleep)in the back seat of a car!! AND THERE IS ANOTHER (bkeep) SCENE BUT THEY MAKE IT LOOK LIKE JUST KISSING!

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2021
Ok so I'm 11 and I first watched the movie when I was 8. I am a very mature child so for immature children, maybe wait a couple more years but there are some scenes that are a bit mature but other than that, it's the best movie I ever watched!

Teen, 13 years old Written byBasketball148493 April 1, 2021

So good!!

Music is phenomenon but it is a movie with some sex scenes, as well as talk of a girl thinking she’s pregnant. I watched it with my parents and in some secedes I felt uncomfortable but it’s a great classic movie!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySarina_ March 25, 2021

Cute movie!

It was a cute movie with an amazing plot! The actors did amazing and
I really enjoyed watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCrystalAlmond_Dayna March 19, 2021

Grease

I think it was a good film. Some mature scenes but otherwise good. Anyone would enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycowperson March 19, 2021

Grease

I liked the move. It's a musical about 2 senior who fall in love in summer on the beach. They see each other at school. It's a movie about the 60s there is leather jackets and they put grease in there hair. There is a lot of smoking.
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2021

I think this movie was great

I think this I a great movie but there is some suggestive language and some swearing otherwise I think there are some great songs. And I liked it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhellonwheels March 18, 2021

I loved this movie

This movie was the best movie I have ever watched. My entire family are adults so I saw this movie when I was five and didn't understand any of it but now that I am older I do and am kind of appalled that I grew up thinking that that was what high school was really like but it isn't.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmStudent1 March 18, 2021

Good movie, bad example!

Grease is thought to be a classic, and I have to admit I really loved all the musical numbers! However, you have to know your kid. Pretty much all of the characters make bad decisions including things like underaged drinking and lots of fighting. Also Sandy pretty much changes everything about herself for a boy. The plot is as follows: Sandy and Danny were in a relationship over the summer when she has to move back to Australia. She ends up having a change of plans but never sees Danny to tell him. That fall they end up going to the same school. Danny acts like a different person in front of his friends. The movie is mostly about their relationship and all the things them and their friends do. The sets, and costumes are good, and the songs are a great way to show what the characters are thinking. Which is very helpful! I would just say to make sure your kid understands that doing the things these people do in this movie doesn't make them cool, and they shouldn't do them.

Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2021

It was good!

I enjoyed Grease and I recognized some of the songs. Warning to parents there are some more sexual scenes and hints at sexual things. So I wouldn't watch it with very young kids. But other than that it seemed well put together and overall told a pretty good story in my opinion. I would watch it again.

Teen, 14 years old Written byvintageschnapp March 9, 2021

great songs;iconic movie

i watched this for the first time when i was 6-7 and i was completely fine. there were a few sexual references but they were pretty hidden and i didn’t notice them at all as a kid. there was smoking but i can’t stress this enough: PARENTS! JUST BECAUSE A CHARACTER IN A MOVIE SMOKES DOESNT MEAN YOUR FOUR YEAR OLD IS GONNA DRIVE TO THE NEAREST PHARMACY ON THEIR TRICYCLE AND BUY A PACK OF CIGARETTES. plus your kids have most likely already seen people smoking in real life. the songs are really good and it’s an overall iconic movie but there are some outdated, problematic underlying themes (such as sexism etc.) but if you’re a good parent you have nothing to worry about because your child will already know this is wrong.

Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewer3 February 13, 2021

Lots of fun - for more mature kids.

Grease is such a fun movie! The songs are great and the actors’ performances are also great. There is some inappropriate content as shown in the CSM review, and the male characters do seem to objectify women at some points in the movie. Obviously, it was a different time, but I rated it 12+ because kids should know what’s right and wrong before watching it. If you look past that, it’s a fun movie and a classic!
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2021