Kid reviews for Grease

Musical phenomenon is still great fun but quite racy.

Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2011

Grease: Cool Classic?

The T-Birds smoke and drink, but they also refer to girls as useful for only the purpose of having sex. This greatly bothers me. I am a girl, and girls are a lot more useful than that. We've helped the planet, invented important things (Madame Marie Curie even discovered two elements, and Mary Annings discovered the sharklike Ichthyosaur!). We've made lasting impacts on the science, art, sports, and literature worlds. Girls are people you should respects as much as yourselves, boys.
The Pink Ladies is a clique who makes fun of Sandy, who did nothing wrong. Riz, the lead girl, mocks Sandy's wise choices not to do drugs or have sex before marriage. I felt uncomfortable watching this movie and although the songs may be cute and catchy, this movie is sexist and promotes inappropriate things.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 17, 2010

A ridiculously good time

I'll be frank about not liking musicals, but this has got to be one of the greatestr I've ever seen! It never takes itself that seriously, more of a satire of a musical really. It's a must-see movie for the whole fam.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 11, 2011

Maybe the greatest musical of all time.

Sexual Content- 6/10
Language- 6/10
Drinking, drugs, smoking- 6.5/10
Overall Quality- 10/10

Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 30, 2009

Classic movie rated before "PG-13", keep that in mind.

No doubt about it. "Grease" is a classic. Just a classic that should be showed to people 13 and up.
Lots of talk about sex between the T-Pig- I mean the T-birds sadly portray gangs in High School accurately.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBecca90210 June 15, 2020

Great for anyone

I honestly loved this movie when I first watched it & will keep loving it forever!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat June 7, 2020

Greasy.

So, I’m watching this right now. My mom wanted me to watch this with her. It is on the CBS Sunday Night Movies Series. It has the actual lyrics to the songs on the screen. It is VERY ANNOYING! This movie is ‘greasy’
Teen, 13 years old Written byM_Valdess May 28, 2020

Grease

This was a really fun movie to watch I had such a great time.Thiss movie is so fun,All tho it does have some parts where they kiss but nothing bad.I enjoyed everything about this movie.I had always heard of it but I never thought It would be so good.I really hope you enjoy this movie as well.I do recommend you to watch this movie with someone because its really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilychan May 24, 2020

Grease

Grease is an old favorite that is tended for slightly older audiences due to the suggestions of sex and some mild foul language. It is a good story about high school students who are best friends and accept when a new girl enters the mix and how those other friends accept her into the group. The main idea of story of Sandy and Danny and their love for each other and how each views relationships differently. In the end the group is all together for one last fling before they graduate and leave high school for new adventures away from school.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPart of 2 Many ... May 20, 2020

Honestly, Hated this Movie

Ok, so I know Grease is thought of as a classic and a must-see. The music was fantastic, I still sing "Summer Lovin'" all the time, HOWEVER, I hated the message. *SPOILERS AHEAD* At first, it's good. It's about a young girl growing up in the 80's and falling for a boy who is popular and kind of a jerk to her. The build up is fine and fun despite the sex and drugs that are portrayed as good for teenagers' popularity. It's the end that got me. I feel that since the main character ended up with that jerk of a boy, and changed her whole personality to do so is an awful example to set. It portrays girls as silly and wild and guys as studs and popular. Overall, the movie wasn't bad, but the ending disappointed me.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTay-lorr May 19, 2020

Taylor's Review

I really liked this movie. It was kind of funny in some parts. And some parts were mean. The movie for one shows that no human is perfect. Everybody makes mistakes. I liked the ending especially. I recommend this movie to anybody that wants to watch a good movie and is ok about watching something a little inappropriate. Some parts of this movie was inappropriate but the movie was great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBasketball2407 May 19, 2020

Good Movie!

For being PG there is quite a lot of swearing and it had some questionable scenes. It had some words that parents should know about like s--t, a-s, p---y wagon and t-t. There is some scenes where there is smoking and drinking. I think it's a great movie but definitely not for super young kids. There are references to gang bangs, prostitution and rape. Overall Grease has a great cast and is very entertaining. I think that all kids should watch it once they are old/mature enough.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTynanTC May 18, 2020

Good Movie!

It was a good vintage high school story from the 50's. Though I dislike musicals, this movie wasn't all that bad. I was pretty pleased with the overall story line, and the acting. I think the actors they chose were great, not only did they play there roles well but they're also very well known these days. Overall, I thought this was a pretty good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGraceinasaddle May 18, 2020

My Review on Grease

I did not love this movie and I would not watch it again because of the cheesie scenes, but maybe some people like that. I personally do not. There was a lot of kissing scenes and in one scene there was mooning, for me it was not that inappropriate but I would be careful who you watch this movie with. There are some sexual and inappropriate references made in this movie that you would not want your child to say. Overall the movie is fine but it is a one time watch for me.

Teen, 13 years old Written byfelicel April 15, 2020

Teen - Age 13

Popular John Travolta romantic musical comedy and great for kids and family.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJaneeeeeeee April 5, 2020

Yeah Yeah iiuiuiummu

Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2020

Great Movie but can be inappropriate

It is a great classic but there is some inappropriate actions in it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byavocadoperson March 17, 2020

Outdated and Sexist

This movie has incredibly awful messages and role models. The characters mock Sandy for not being ready to have sex in high school and the men think of women as nothing more than objects. And at the end of the movie, Sandy completely changes everything about herself for the guy who was awful to her. Just don't bother.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygalaxy13425678 March 6, 2020

Awesome Movie. Not for young kids.

As long as you are mature enough to understand what is going on and know what is morally wrong and right and you enjoy musicals, I think it is fine. I watched it when I was twelve with my 9 years old sister and we loved it. Just know, there is romance. I do not remember exactly, but probably kissing and talking about mature subjects. One of the scandalous high school girls thinks she is pregnant, but is not and there is a love scene. But no drugs or swearing that I remember. Also the main character is one of the more polite, appropriate, and well-behaved of them all. Great movie, funny, and sweet. Loved it. (Also, one more thing no violence)

Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueGrease March 3, 2020

I ❤️You, Danny Zuko!

I loved this movie! This is one of my favourite films! This movie is appropriate for kids 10+ because it’s not that mature. I think kids 10+ can handle it, there’s not too much swearing, and it’s not too sexual. This movie is so much fun to watch! I never get bored of it! By the way, John Travolta was so hot in Grease, he was so good-looking, I fell in love with him when I first saw it. I saw this movie 15 times, I counted.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2020
I have watched Grease plenty of times before and love it! There is several sexual innuendos and lots of sexual remarks. Some younger viewers may not even notice it but adults will! Some drinking and smoking.