Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byMerrie January 2, 2011

o.k. for older kids but watch it first for tweens

This movie could be funny to watch as a family, but is overly sexualized; with scenes of the friends oogling over one of their friends daughters, and the mom breast feeding her older child is in poor taste. There are many other scenes that are uncomfortable to watch and will probably spur questions a parent doesn't feel like answering during a movie that is supposed to be fun.There is also a scene that is pretty funny about adults talking about "getting wasted", but it's not something you may want your kids laughing about.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byc1nder November 30, 2010
too much sexual inuendo for under 13.
Parent Written bySushifmom July 9, 2013

Tooth fairy alert

My 7.5 year old is crushed. They talk about the TOOTH FAIRY! Was watching at the older cousins. It got turned off after that - not sure if the situation gets remedied. Can't change the positive massage icon. Really it's a negative message.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written by5748434957 July 5, 2010

If I ever meet Adam Sandler, I'm punching him in the stomach then taking my $ back.

I want my $17 back. Adam Sandler can be funny. In this movie, no one is. Even the stuff that's shown in the trailers isn't funny in the context of the movie. Scenes drag on forever. Dialogue seemed to be - Hey let's make fun of everyone as if we are 12 year old bullies. Just pitiful. And Rob Schneider - get some self esteem and quit letting your "buddy" Adam make fun of you in every movie he makes. I don't know why any woman would be involved in this. Salma Hayek? Seriously? Do your kids needs braces or what?
Adult Written byParentalGuidance June 24, 2010

NO CHILDREN! Not even appropriate for thinking adults

Hate it. This movie as too many perversions and rude immoral adult humor.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byjk2891515 May 19, 2016
Parent Written byRicky_B February 9, 2013

Definitely not for kids!

NOT for children at all!! Watched with my 12yr old daughter and 10yr old son and very much wish I had not. Much too many sexual references and innuendos. Many of the jokes were adult based.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybarbsinging July 20, 2010
I hated this movie! I think it shows the worst of our culture and would never want my son to watch this movie although we did go and should have walked out but did't. The worst part was the ogling of young women.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byBklynSF June 24, 2010

Dude read the parenting manual

What I think is this movie is anothe manifestiation of indulgent parenting in our culture. Adam Sandler is a Dad - he should know better but I guess being a hollywood dad makes it OK to him. These jokes are hilarous for GROWN UPS. for kids watching supposed grown ups doing this (yes hilarious) stuff is actually scary b/c grown ups should do this stuff on their own time when kids aren't watching
Adult Written byMicahGA April 15, 2011

Grown Ups: Definitely For Grown Ups

Grown ups is a not-so-funny comedy with featuring some of the most well-known comedians in America. The movie was filled with vulgar language and way too much sexuality. The whole movie is full of nasty innuendos of older men getting with younger and underage girls, as well as younger men having sexual intercourse with women old enough to be your grandmother, and old enough to be their great grandma! I highly doubt that granny would even slightly approve of this film. Even if the movie had absolutely no sex, it would still not be funny, saying that sex is the main topic for almost every joke told. Very vulgar language is used often, as well as much drinking. All in all, the movie was just plain bad. Bad storyline, bad messages and most definitely bad acting. It seems to me like Grown Ups needs to grow up.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byGizz88 March 18, 2011
I didnt think it was too bad until the parents told their kids that they were the toothfairy. Totally leary of getting another PG13 movie ever for my kids.
Adult Written byElsever January 29, 2016
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 28, 2015

OK for older kids and preteens

There is adult content but it's not too bad. 12 and older should beable to handle this movie.
Adult Written byDRK1975 October 8, 2015

Tooth fairy spoiler

It's a tooth fairy spoiler. Funny otherwise.
Adult Written bywill russell reviews June 6, 2015

Comedians unite for a decent film.

The film "Grown-Ups" involves several of your favorite comedy actors and actresses united for one... decent film. Now, compared to its god-awful sequel, the film is actually pretty funny. "Grown-Ups" has plenty of slapstick jokes to entertain any tween or teen, however, parents of younger children may not appreciate the film's near constant sexual humor and profanity. Guys check out MUCH younger women as well as make crude and sexual remarks about their wives and other woman. A man marries a woman who is much older than him and there are several jokes made at his & her expense. There is also a running joke about a mother still breast-feeding her son (who is 7-years-old). You can also expect a decent amount of fowl language and a brief reference to "getting wasted" (although nothing teens havent heard before). Altogether, "Grown-Ups" is a decent comedy that is a least worth watching it once, however its crude humor and profanity make it a better choice for ages 12 and up.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat May 31, 2015
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 June 5, 2014

Funny and entertaining friendship comedy is a little bit too much for younger audiences!

Parents need to know that this comedy is not for little kids. There is lots of sexual inneundo, drug references and jokes about women. There is tons of gender stereotypes, kids behave rudely and more! A man is seen naked from behind and there is brief comic violence, plus some swearing (sh-t, bitch and ass are all said once or twice) But on the bright side, there is positive messages of friendship and honesty.
Parent Written bySammiJayne5 February 6, 2014

innapropriate for under 10's

It was good, and my children loved it but make sure you know what your putting on.
Parent of a 11, 14, and 14 year old Written byRosie5577 July 26, 2013

Run. Away.

Watched this with my husband and three sons after being told it had a PG rating... In spite of my youngest being ten years old, we often let him watch PG-13 movies, finding movies like The Avengers, Spider-Man, and The hobbit fine for him. I so wish I had checked this site before, but even so, the description doesn't do justice to how horrendous this film is. My husband and 14 year olds enjoyed some of the slapstick and the few jokes that were funny, but overall, we were sadly disappointed. The older woman/younger man and nursing jokes, in particular, were over-used, demeaning and unnecessary. The sexual innuendo was pervasive. The scenes making fun of the short, less attractive daughter of one of the friends is mean, and accompanied by scenes where the men ogle the beautiful daughters and are disgusted with the older woman. There is just so much ICK factor with this movie ... "Grown Ups" was a painful experience and I don't recommend for kids or teens. It was far more sexually inappropriate than many of the PG-13 movies out these days.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 15, 2013

Good for date night

Extremely funny. For kids you may want to think. Adam sandler says " let's get wasted" and kids ask what it means. He tells them it means you eat to much ice cream and then the kids want to " get wasted". One character is a acholic. Consumerism is not a concern of me and my husband, but a character does mention and wear a KFC bucket. Sexy stuff includes a small talk about sex, crushes, revealing things at water park scene ( muscular man, revealing bathing suit), and a mom is a model, she talks about bras a little plus wears some revealing things, a boy gets hit on his private parts, a mom still lets her kid suck on her breasts and when he discovers milk her spouse says "more for me" and other relationships, etc. They also talk about the tooth fairy. The only language i noticed was a girl says ( about a fly light killer thing) wheres it taking them David spade "hell" Adam" don't say that " ( his daughter) David. Sorry, Mexico. In the end they talk about families which may include messages ( positive) and the parents are very caring to friends and kids.