All teen and kid member reviews for House of Sand and Fog

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 June 22, 2010

For Mature Viewers Only.

This story is somewhat amazing, and yet somewhat raw at the same time. Watching it was like slowly drowning, the overwhelming sad air sucked me in. It was excellent, but for mature people only, as two of the characters explicitly have sex, and a lot of the themes could be slightly strange to certain people. Xenophobia is a major point of the whole story, which I found great, as it is rampant these days, along with a questioning of morality and asking how far one will go for material things (the house). The ending frustrated me-- I didn't find it in Col. Behrani's character to kill himself, and it seemed like the author had cooked up a morbid ending just to make the whole thing hit home more, when in actuality it took away from the overhanging atmosphere. But still excellent, nonetheless. If you can handle it, you won't be very disappointed.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

Not That Good...

This movie is really wierd and it dosen't make much sense. It also has a really bad ending where just about everyone dies or kills themselves. That's the worst part of the movie.