Parent reviews for Igor

Igor Poster Image

Underrated

I loved this movie so much as a kid. People complain about the violence and scariness but its about the same level as other movies like Corpse Bride. The animation isn’t even that bad either, unlike another reviewer said this ISN’T a Disney movie. It was done by a smaller studio in France and I can think of FAR uglier movies from 2008. It’s a cute story and it has a happy ending even with the bits of morbid humor. Igor is a kind and intelligent soul who deals with a lot of peer pressure and feels a need to be recognized. In the end he goes with being a better person thanks to Eva, a kind hearted “monster” he creates who is in reality a lovely pacifist women who wishes to be an actress. It’s very sweet and people hate on this movie far too much. Also Steve Buscemi is in it. 10/10

The animation was of extremely poor quality

You'd think that with such a star studded cast they would have put more into the animation. Someone says the animation was borrowed from Tim Burton but all I see is either bottom of the line ancient software or an amateur animator. I can't imagine who would even begin to compare animation barely pulling off two dimensions with the likes of a Tim Burton film. And don'tI even even get me started on how incredibly innapropriate this movie is for children. Who even managed to pull together the cast and what possessed them to agree to take part in such a monstrosity? I'm so Disappointed in all of you, you've made better names for yourselves than this. I tried to give it a chance, I really did but I was unable to watch more than ten minutes before I just couldn't take it anymore. Just gross and disturbing, really.

Absolutely Horrible!

This movie is falsely rated. How can this be for kids and for age of 6? The entire movie is based on adult thinking. ALL "humor" is either sexual, degrading, bullying, sadistic, and foul. Children must watch only what is beneficial to the development of their mental foundation. Kids don't have many things for comparison to know that the entire movie should not be taken as correct or an example. This movie is a failure. The writers should just make movies for adults rather than ruining kids.

People are overreacting...

Yes there is a suicidal bunny but he's also immortal so he survived all of the attempts. I know from an adult perspective that suicide is not a joke BUT it's done in a very cartoony fashion. There is some "sexualized" stuff but there's worse in old 1940's Disney (specifically the Donald Duck Latin American films). It does require a dark sense of humor. As for the emphasis on characters being evil, the evil deeds are mostly non threatening. Igor decides at the end "That's it better to be a good nobody than an evil somebody!" And everything works out at the end. I also had the luxury of watching this movie on the local Christian station Light TV so it can't be that bad.

Beware for young kids

The common sense rating for this is WAY off. The sexy stuff in this movie is grossly understated in their review. Hiking legs, making out, mention of shaving legs for an evening together, explicitly talking about "this isn't even as sexy as I get," etc. SO off. Also, I understand the violence is mostly mister on Monster, but it's not slapstick, it's kiddie gruesome. It's faces blown off, electrocuted main characters, etc. It's also not really redeemed, the "positive ending" is like 2 minutes. The other thing important to note, is that a movie about persecuted minorities (Igors) or class social structure is good, but only so much as it explores the topic fully. This movie uses it as a poor premise without any real teaching, it's just "we all thought this was ok," but no talk of why or what society did to make it better in the 2 minute happy ending or anything. Not teaching, not positive, just an hour and a half of violence and sexy stuff between the main characters without any redeeming value. Also honestly just does a terrible job trying to emulate Tim Burton. Do not watch.

Dark humor, but not more violent than Loony Toons

This is a really fun movie with chalked full of dark humor. The suicidal rabbit sounds bad when written down, but his snark makes him my favorite character. His death attempts are loony toon or Wiley Coyotes violent rather than dark or scary. The two villains, who are a couple, look like they're going to slap each othe,r but then both slap their igor assistant instead. This friend has friends supporting each other, thinking your way out of problems, and following your dreams rather than trying to fit in.

Wouldn't reccomend

While there are a few occasional funny moments, this movie is mainly just boring, not nice to look at, and pretty confusing. Most of it seems fairly child friendly but some jokes just don't seem that they would appeal or be appropriate for children. Overall just another poorly thrown together film trying to cash in on an edgy gothic animation style.

Igor