Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Insidious: Chapter 2

Horror sequel brings more of the same creepy scares.

Adult Written byTornadosplash44 February 14, 2018

Good horror film that's nearly as good as the first!

This film was pretty good, and was nearly as good as the first one! The acting was pretty good, and so was the storyline! However, the film contains some mild language including a couple uses of s**t. However, this film is not for the faint of heart. The film also contains a bit of horror violence too! This includes possession, jumpscares, disturbing fights, and creepy imagery of demons. Overall, this a pretty good film for teens 15 and up.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byChristianMother101 September 18, 2013

Excellent!

I'll admit, I was wary when I went to watch this movie with my six-year-old, however, roughly 46 minutes into the movie, i looked over at my daughter and found that she was completely delighted with the charming effects and strong family-oriented storyline. This movie contained positive family values and excellent computer graphics.

Adult Written byRarityfan April 16, 2019

Second time

Filled with loud jumpscares.

Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byKeegs M October 26, 2016

As Good As The First!

I loved this as much of the first! Insidious Chapter Two follows the basic story structure as one, but tweaks it to make a story that is far beyond boring. The movie kept me on edge. And Wan included some spectacular scare techniques and just like the first, left you hanging awaiting what was next following. The film had little sexual content and there were a few scenes with violence involved. Nothing to bad, nothing bloody, just beating, pushing, and throwing. The film also let you follow the action and try to solve what was happening, which I particularly like. As a horror enthusiast I enjoyed the film and would definitely ask of you to watch; but only after viewing the first ;).
Adult Written byerica921 May 24, 2015
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 2, 2015

Sequel doesn't top original, still offers solid scares

The original "Insidious" was rooted more in family drama: the effect of a comatose boy on a family, how it devastated the parents and the terrifying results it conjured up when the boy went into the spirit realm. Now this one focuses on the impact Patrick Wilson has on the family, now that he's possessed. I can't say a lot for the acting in the movie, though Wilson does say some gems for lines, Rose Byrne looks washed out, and there is a truly unfunny exchange between Specs and Tucker that goes on for way too long. This is not a comedy! It's another midnight B-movie that will really creep you out, just don't expect the impact of the original, which is strange because it has the same director at the helm.

Adult Written byEminemftw January 2, 2015

Insidious 2- Review

Insidious 2 is a great horror movie witch will keep you gripped, but it is tence, scary and twisted which may leave your children with nightmares or iffy thoughts. So I would recommend if you showing this to your kid who is new to horror movies start him off with more appropriate horror films; such as the women in black Rated 12/pg-13, Darkskies 15/pg-13. (NOTE) only watch Insidious Chapter 2 after the first insidious it's linked.

Adult Written byTheTrillionaire December 24, 2013

Not for children Under 13. Under 13 needs adult supervisors 13 & over.

Parent Written byDan G. September 15, 2013

Just another haunted house movie

It is very violent and there is some crude language profanity.